Chapter Nine

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
Later that night Sigyn departed from me, leaving me with a kiss and a promise to be back the next day. Even as I watched her go, I couldn't help but smile. The genuine joy that she brought me was unmatched by anything this world could offer. I knew I had to marry her. Just as she promised me to return, I had promised her that we would be wed. Now, I just needed to figure out the how.

As my mother walked in for her daily visit, I seemed to have found my answer. I graced her with my pleasantries, mindlessly asking how she slept, how she was, and so on.

"Mother," I asked as I paced in front of my window, "Will I ever be allowed to leave this cell?"

She sighed, "According to your Father, no. But, I'm sure arrangements could be made under certain circumstances."

"Circumstances such as?"

"If you were enormously hurt would most likely be one, perhaps if you were called to testify in front of your father," she went on, "Why do you ask?"

I stopped my pacing, standing right in front of her as I stated proudly, "I intend to marry Sigyn."

She raised an eyebrow at me. 

"You're lying," she said promptly, "This is all just an elaborate plan for you to escape. It is exceptionally cruel of you to use such a sweet girl as part of your reuse."

My face fell.

"I'm not lying and this is not a trick," I stated firmly, "Can't you see that for once, I'm not lying?"

She studied me as I clenched my jaw firmly and balled my hands into fists as I looked down at her. Nothing had ever been more important to me than assuring that Sigyn would be happy and taken care of. I knew that as my wife, she would at least be able to live as lavishly as she pleased even if I was unable to meet her at her side.

Frigge nodded curtly, "I'll speak to your Father about it. But you do realize, even if you are granted a life outside of these dungeons you would only be on more or less of a house arrest."

"Obviously," I said, rolling my eyes, "I didn't expect Odin to simply let me go free."

I had murdered about 1,000 Midgardians, I understood that my freedom wouldn't be absolute if I were to have it granted. The extent of my freedom didn't truly matter to me, as long as I could marry Sigyn. I so desperately wanted her to truly be mine

"You truly want to do this?" she asked.

I nodded, "I want it more than anything."

"I'll bring your request to your Father," she said, "He'll most likely ask Sigyn to testify in your favor before he allows you to wed, much less grant you freedom."

"Whatever is necessary."

She nodded before cracking a small smile, "I'll do my best," she said, "It's nice to finally see you happy about something."

SIGYN'S POINT OF VIEW
Another day, another chance to see Loki.

I had finished my chores and work at the infirmary as fast as humanly possible, I desperately wished to get the palace as soon as possible. I had been in a daze ever since the night before. So much had happened in such little time and yet I felt not a twinge of anxiety. From the way he smiled at me, held me, even loved me, I knew that his path was the one I was meant to follow.

"I'll be home late," I called out, as I grabbed my cloak to leave.

"Let me guess," Eerika said smugly, "You're seeing the prince again?"