Chapter Fifty-Two

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
"I'm upset! I'm very upset. You know what I like about being upset? Blame. Right now, that's the mindset that I'm in. And you know who I'm blaming?"

Thor and Hulk had escaped. Obviously, the Grandmaster wasn't too happy about his champions running amuck in Sakaar, completely out of his control. I, of course, had nothing to do with their buffoonery yet here I was in front of the Grandmaster no doubt about to be blamed for the incident. 

"Grandmaster, I-" I attempted, stepping forward.

"Hey! Don't interrupt me!" He exclaimed angrily as his servant, Topaz, mindlessly handed him a melting stick. He furrowed his brows and looked at the device in hand, seemingly contemplated who he was going to vaporize first. Me or the stupid valkyrie that stood beside me? From the look in his eye, I felt that I was the more popular choice.

"Why are you handing me the melt stick? He was interrupting. That's not a capital violation," He said, looking at Topas with a face of utter disgust.

Refocussing himself, he continued, "My precious champion has come up missing and it's all because of that Lord of Thunder. It's all because of him."

Turning to face the Valkyrie and me, he said accusingly, "YOUR brother. Whatever the story is. Adopted, or complicated. I'm sure there's a big history. And YOUR contender."

"My dear friend, if you were to give me twelve hours I could bring them both back to you," I said confidently, offering a very charming smile. Perhaps in his rage, the Grandmaster would be dumb enough to let me out of his sight-thus, allowing me to escape and go back to Asgard.

"I can do it in two," the Valkyrie shot back.

"I could do it in one," I countered.

The Grandmaster quirked a brow and studied us both. He rolled his eyes and said, "You know what? I woke up this morning thinking about a public execution. But for now, I'll settle for this sweet little "who's gonna get him first?" So you're on the clock."

He shooed us off being turning away, clearly, he was exasperated. Not that I cared, I now had a way out. But clearly, I had some fierce competition as this stupid Valkyrie was no doubt the idiot who helped Hulk and Thor escape.

After being dismissed, I swiftly followed her and asked, "What have you done!?"

Before she responded, she swiftly pinned me against the wall. Had I not been a married man or extremely annoyed with her games, I may have been aroused.

"I don't answer to you, lackey."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "It's Loki. And you will answer to the Grandmaster."

 I moved to reverse our positions, but Val broke away with ease. Quickly she drew two blades from their sheaths and faced me with a critical glare. Two could play at that game, I followed suit and unsheathed two long Sakaarian daggers. We eyed each other for a moment before she attacked. A fast-paced and deadly battle of knives. How fun. After a few exchanges, Val connected a big shot that slammed me into the wall.

I  scowled, "Why would you help my brother escape with that green fool?"

"I don't help anyone," she spat in reply, studying her for a moment I realized light blue markings on her wrist. Suddenly I realized she was a Valkyrie, something I had failed to notice prior.

"You're a Valkyrie," I said, "I thought the Valkyrie all died gruesome deaths?"

Obviously, this hit a nerve as she soon attacked me once more. She pinned me up against the wall, her blade against my throat. She looked ready to kill.