slow dancing in a burning room - part two (requested)

Your phone chimed on your bed with a text from Rosie.

You ran out of the bathroom where you were finishing getting ready and over to your bed.

Your smile was already bright but it only grew when you gazed down at the message that said she'd be there in a few minutes.

You finished getting ready, wondering to yourself in excitement about what she had planned tonight. Your heart was pounding from the happiness you felt.

You can't remember the last time you felt so genuinely excited about something.

There's something special about Rosie. She's already making you feel things you've never felt before.

You heard the knock on your front door and you took one last look in the mirror before grabbing your things.

You rushed down the stairs and took a deep breath before opening the door. You were breathless as soon as you saw her. She looked so beautiful.

"Wow..." you spoke in awe and she giggled before taking your hand.

"I could say the exact same thing about you. You look absolutely stunning."

She brought your hand to her lips for a soft kiss and your heart skipped a beat over the brush of her lips.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes! I'm so excited."

You knew she was taking you to a restaurant, but she refused to tell you which one.

Even now as she drives down the roads, she still won't ruin the surprise of where she's taking you to.

So, when she pulled up at one of the fanciest spots in town, you were shocked, to say the least.

"Whoa. Rosie,"

"Shh." She said as she unbuckled her seatbelt and put her index finger over your lips. "It's our first date and I wanted to take you somewhere nice."

"But this must've been so expensive!"

"Money isn't an issue for me, trust me. Besides, you're worth it. Now, stay in here for a second."

You would've asked why had she not gotten out of the car.

Your heart fluttered when you realized why she wanted you to stay in the car as she rushed to the passenger side to open your door and help you out.

"Thank you."

"You're very welcome, beautiful." She complimented and your cheeks turned red.

She held the door open for you as you walked into the restaurant. You were in awe of the entire thing. It was so quiet, the atmosphere so romantic.

"I have a reservation tonight." She said as she walked to the stand. She gave them her name and she took your hand as you were led to the table.

She got one in the way back, wanting to make sure you had some privacy. There were still a few tables around, a couple of them were empty while there were a few people here and there in the others.

"Take your time to look over the menu." The lady said before walking away.

"Thank you," Rosie said before she was out of earshot and then opened the menu.

"I know we just sat down but I really want to thank you for this." You said and watched Rosé close the menu so she could give you her undivided attention, her hand laying on yours from across the table.

"For what?"

"Everything. For bringing me here, for holding the door open for me, for making me happier in the last day of knowing you than I've felt in so long."