we'll always be okay (requested)

As you heard the shower turn on across the hall, you quietly opened the door of the guest room and padded across the floor to the bedroom that you and Rosie share.

The sound of the water pouring in the shower got louder when you entered the room and you quietly tiptoed across the floor to the closet.

You haven't been in this room for the last day or so.

You and Rosie had an argument and you got fed up and decided that you needed some space.

Much to Rosie's dismay, that space that you needed meant that you were in a  completely different room.

One where she couldn't hold you or touch you or kiss you.

You've been ignoring her knocks and texts because you didn't feel like talking.

You only came back in here to grab something you forgot to get yesterday, which was a sweater.

Last night was warm enough for you to find comfort and warmth under the blankets; comfort and warmth that you weren't used to needing because Rosie is always beside you to hold you.

But tonight it's much colder and the covers weren't going to be enough to keep you warm.

You just needed one sweater, any sweater, even though part of you wanted to take one that wasn't yours but rather your girlfriend's... for some added comfort.

But when you got to the closet, you noticed that all of your sweaters weren't hung up like usual.

It was extremely strange since you had just done laundry and they were all hung up.

You decided to just grab one of Rosé's but, like yours, they weren't hung up.

Where did they all go?

For all of yours to be gone is strange but for all of hers to be gone too made you feel a little anxious.

However, when you looked up at the top of the closet, you saw all of your' and Rosie's sweaters up there.

You looked around for something to step on so you could get a little help to grab one of them, any one of them.

But there wasn't anything to step on.

A chair or a stepstool was nowhere in sight and even on your tiptoes, you weren't tall enough to grab any of them.

You looked across the room at the bathroom door.

The water was still running so you figured Rosé was still in the shower.

Needing help, you knew you had to break the silence you previously didn't know if you'd break anytime soon.

You didn't bother to knock.

You just let yourself in.

But you didn't expect to see a fully clothed Rosie sitting on the counter with her head hanging down when you opened the door.

When you entered the bathroom fully, she lifted her head and held back a smirk because she knew what she had done to get you to speak to her had worked.

You both stared at each other for a moment, just looking into each other's eyes as you waited for the other to say something.

But she was determined to hear you talk first so she stayed silent.

"Why'd you put all of our sweaters up there?"

"I knew you'd talk to me that way."

You folded your arms over your chest and leaned against the door, looking at the bathroom tiles or the wallpaper to keep yourself looking other than at her.

"I was hoping you'd come in here." She quietly said and after a heavy sigh, you looked back at her once more. "I've been missing you."

"I've been missing you too." You said with a shaky and quiet voice.

"Communication is important, Y/N. It won't do either of us any good to lay in different rooms and let the argument we had haunt us. We fought over what? I can't even remember now."

"Me neither." You confessed.

"Then why are we mad at each other? Why are we sleeping in different rooms and trying to cover up with five blankets to keep ourselves warm when we have each other to love and cuddle with? I don't understand how things got this way."

"I don't either. I just got so upset and I needed space and I didn't know what to say to make things better."

She got off of the counter and took a couple of steps over to you before she hooked a couple of fingers beneath your chin to make you look into her eyes once more.

"All of this." She said. "Things are getting better because we're talking our feelings out and that's what we need to do. No matter how we feel, we can't just walk away and ignore each other. We love each other too much for that, right?"

You nodded and put your forehead against hers, taring up slightly as you stared into her eyes.

"What's the matter, baby?" She asked as she brought her fingers up to lovingly stroke your cheek.

"I just love you so much and I hope we're okay now."

"We are, darling." She assured and sent you that soft, pretty smile. "We'll always be okay."

You put your lips on hers, finally sharing a soft kiss for the first time in what felt like an eternity.

"You're cold?" She asked as she remembered the entire reason why you came into the bedroom again.

"A little."

"Yeah, well, we're going to fix that, baby girl." She said with sparkling eyes.

She turned the water off before walking out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

Going to the closet, she easily grabbed one of her sweaters for you.

Returning to your side, she helped you take off your shirt and as soon as it hit the floor, instead of helping you pull one of her sweaters on, she started to press her lips against your skin to shower you with love.

Your shoulder, your chest, your collarbones, your neck, and your stomach were all kissed by her sweet lips and it brought a big smile to your face.

"I'm sorry again." You whispered as the guilt of the last day came over you once more

"Stop." She said. "No more saying sorry. Everything's fine. Let's just cuddle."

She kissed you after you nodded in agreement and after helping you into her sweater, she laid down with you in bed and held you close.

"I love you, baby."

"I love you more, sweet girl." She smiled and kissed your cheek, relieved to have you back in her arms again.