the black phone - university au - (requested)

You lay down under the covers of your bed in your dorm.

You had your earbuds in as you watched a movie on your phone, blocking out the sound of your roommate snoring as she slept.

You considered closing your eyes and falling asleep too since it's after ten o'clock and you're feeling stressed after a long day.

But the text from your girlfriend that appeared at the top of your screen made you change your mind.

"Are you awake?" Rosie texted.

"Yeah. Everything okay?" You texted back and watched as she typed out another text to you.

"I'm bored. My roommate is passed out already. Are you tired at all?"

"Same here and a little but not bad. Why?"

"Let's sneak out." She suggested and, as usual, the thought excited you.

It's something you do often.

You don't share a dorm and with both of you taking a few classes, studying so much, and being so stressed from it all, you don't always have much time to spend together during the day.

So sneaking out at night is something you do quite often, nearly every single night.

"What do you have in mind?" You asked and waited for her to text you once more.

"It's a surprise, baby girl, 😉. Meet me outside your dorm. Be there in five."

You pulled out your earbuds and put them back into your case before getting out of bed slowly, hoping the annoying creaking sound wouldn't disturb your roommate.

Thankfully, it didn't.

And you managed to get changed out of your pajamas and into a pair of jeans with a shirt and one of your girlfriend's hoodies that you stole from her without even making your roommate turn over.

You pulled on your shoes and grabbed your purse, making sure that your wallet and your phone were safely tucked inside before you opened the door and successfully snuck out of your dorm once more.

Just as she said, as you turned around, you saw Rosie making her way to you.

"Hi, pretty," She whispered before pecking your lips softly.

"Hi, baby. Where are we going tonight?"

"You'll see." She said as you crept out of the building together.

Once you were away from the dorms, she loosened her grip on your hand a little and talked a little louder.

"How are you feeling today?" She questioned.

"Good. You?"

"Same here." She said. "It's been a long day and even though I could've curled up in my bed and slept, I decided that sounded boring. I wanted to spend time with my girl instead."

You stopped walking for a second so you could kiss her cheek and it made her beautiful smile grow even bigger.

"You look beautiful."

"I'm in sweats and a hoodie." She said with a giggle.

"So? I still think you're the most gorgeous girl in the world."

"You're even more beautiful." She said as she kissed your hand as you made your way into the city.

You arrived at a movie theater a few minutes later and stepped inside.

"Two tickets for the black phone, please," Rosie said to the lady at the stand before pulling out her wallet and paying for your tickets.

"Baby, I could've paid for mine." You said as she grabbed your tickets from the kind lady.

"I wanted to pay for it."

"Fine. I'm paying for the snacks then."

"Fair enough." She said.

Making your way to the concession stand, you got a drink for you both to share as well as some popcorn and some candy.

"Enjoy the movie!" The girl behind the stand said and you gazed at your girlfriend, realizing that you didn't even know what you were going to see.

"We're seeing the black phone? What's that about?"

"I don't want to spoil it but it looks fantastic. I think you'll enjoy it." She said.

Walking into the theater, you took your seats in the very back.

It was late so there weren't too many people in there but being busy college students and being so crazy in love, you wanted a little privacy.

And no one else was in the very back, nor was there anyone in front of you for several rows.

"I've missed this." You said as you put your head on her shoulder. "I can't wait for college to be done. I want us to get that apartment we have our eyes on and I want us to do all of those things we plan on doing."

"Not long, darling. We're so close, we're getting there. We graduate before you know it."

You nodded as she pushed the armrests up and pulled you close.

"Don't worry, baby. I want those things just as much. We will get there." She promised as she kissed your head.

You snacked on the popcorn together as you talked about whatever came to mind before the movie finally started.

You had no idea the movie was going to be scary.

Your girlfriend left that part out because she knows you're not really into them.

So as the movie went on, as it escalated and got scarier, you'd jump and bury your face in her hoodie.

"Oh, baby, shh," She comforted as she rubbed your back. "It's okay."

"You didn't say it was scary." You whispered.

"I know." She smirked. "I didn't want to. I like it when you're scared."

You jumped as the phone rang in the movie, clutching her hoodie with a tight grip as she held you.

"You want me to suffer?" You joked.

"No." She said as her eyes met yours. "You won't ever suffer, even when you're scared. Because I'm here. That's why I like watching scary movies with you. Because you curl up to me and want me to comfort you and I like that."

A small smile pulled at your lips because as scared as you get of scary films, you do enjoy leaning against her and finding comfort and warmth in her arms.

"There's no one else I'd ever watch scary movies with. I don't like them." You said. "But with you.... I guess they're not so bad. Thanks for protecting me."

She leaned into peck your lips, only for a gasp to fall from your lips as you jumped when you heard yet another scary scene take place in the movie.

"I hate it. I hate it!"

"Shh." She chuckled. "I'm here, baby girl. I've got you. You're safe."

You breathed out shakily as she put her forehead on yours.

"I'm here." She said. "It's just a movie. It won't hurt you. I'm here to hold you and keep you safe, darling."

"I love you."

It was all you could say in return.

But it was the perfect response.

"I love you more." She said. "Relax. You don't need to be scared. I won't let anything happen to you."

You snuggled up against her a little closer as you turned your head to watch a little of the film, finding all the comfort and security you needed in her when each scary part came on.