she cries herself to sleep in your arms (requested)

You stopped flipping through the tv channels when you heard Rosé's feet against the floor.

You turned your head and saw her standing in the doorway with a frown on her face and a sad look in her eyes.

"Hey, baby. Bad day?"

She wordlessly nodded her head before you opened your arms for her.

"Want to cuddle?"

She walked to the bed and took off her hoodie, tossing it across the room.

She laid down in your arms a second later and put her head on your chest and as you wrapped your arms around her to hold her tight, the first tear slipped down her cheek.

She's been doing so much lately and even though it's all been met with an enormous amount of praise, the hate still exists and Rosie has mentioned to you how it's been bothering her a bit.

That and she's under so much stress and pressure that she just feels overwhelmed.

So while it broke your heart to see the tears falling from your eyes, it also didn't surprise you.

"Oh, baby," You said as you held her a little tighter. "It's okay."

She cried, clutching your shirt in her hands as she did so.

"It's alright, my love. I've got you. I'm here."

She moved her face from your chest and to your neck instead, burying it there.

Her cries turned into sobs and her hands still clutched your shirt as you held her tightly.

"Do you want to talk about it? What's bothering you, baby? I'm here to listen if you want to tell me."

She quickly shook her head, not quite feeling up to it.

"Okay, that's okay. Just let it all out, my love. I'm here for you." You said as you rubbed her back comfortingly.

She sniffled as she looked up at you.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to cry this much."

"Don't be sorry, my love. It's okay, everyone cries. You're going through a lot right now and I'm here for you. Just cry it out if that's what you need to do, darling. I'll hold you the whole time."

Her lower lip trembled as the words left your lips before she buried her face in your neck once more.

She continued to cry for a few more minutes until silence hung in the air as she went quiet.

"Rosie? Baby, are you alright?"

You looked down and loosened your grip on her, making a soft sound escape from her lips as she shifted around a bit.

She moved her head to rest on your shoulder and stayed in your arms as she slept.

That's when you realized that she'd cried herself to sleep.

And that broke your heart.

"I hope you'll feel better tomorrow, my love." You said as you rubbed her back. "Rest, baby. I love you so much."

You kissed her head lovingly, lips lingering there for a second and in response, she cracked a little smile.

You wished it'd never fall and that she wouldn't shed another tear.

She didn't deserve to cry.

But she's just a human and she's going to have her fair share of rough days and tearful nights.

And as much as it pains you to see her cry, you're just happy that she comes to you when she needs to.

You couldn't help but smile as you watched her sleep, gently wiping away the tear stains on her cheeks.

You just hoped that she'd feel better when she opened her eyes.