say it back (requested)

"Are you hungry?" Rosie asked as she hit pause on the movie as the opening credits began to roll.

It's your day in together, the first one you're spending together in so long, and you're practically attached at each other's hips.

She doesn't want to leave your side but when she got home last night you were sound asleep. Instead of waking you, she scrolled through TikTok and ended up stumbling upon a cute little prank she wants to pull on you.

"A little."

"Okay. I'm going to go grab a few snacks." She said and kissed your lips before she got up.

"I love you, Rosie."

She just smiled at you before walking out of the room and into the kitchen.

You frowned as you watched her walk away. She always says the words back to you. You don't like it when she doesn't.

You got up and went into the kitchen. Rosie was smiling to herself as she heard your feet padding across the floor to where she stood.

You put arms around her, hugging her from behind.

"Rosie," you whined and she had to keep herself from smiling. "You didn't say it back."

"Say what, baby?" She asked as she turned around to face you.

"I love you! You always say it back."

"Do I?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yes!" You whined and buried your face in her shirt. "Say it back. Please?"

She laughed and put her arms around you to keep you close. She buried her lips in your hair, kissing across the crown of your head.

"You know I love you, baby girl."

"I love hearing you say it. It doesn't feel right when you don't." You mumbled as you stared up at her.

"I know. It was just a little prank."

"Mean!" You poured.

"Hey, you pull them on me all the time. It's only fair that I get to pull one on you here and there."

"I guess you're right." You said.

"Yeah, I am." She said before kissing you. "You know that I love you though. You know I love you with all of my heart and soul, to the moon and back again, more than I could ever put into words." She smiled and kissed you again, holding you closer as you deepened the kiss.

She picked you up and gently sat you on the countertop, smiling against your lips as you looped your arms around her neck.

And as she kissed along your neck, she repeatedly told you how much she loves you, causing your heart to hammer with love and happiness against your chest.