it's time - part two (requested)

"That's my girl. Take a deep breath, you're doing amazing." Rosie encouraged.

You were sitting on the hospital floor with her right beside you, groaning in intense pain.

The pain that you're in is inexpressible and it only seems to be getting worse somehow.

You're just grateful to have Rosé here with you because if you were alone, there's no way you'd make it through.

"Come on, darling. It'll be over soon. Just breathe."

You squeezed her hands tight as you sank your teeth into your lip, only for Rosie to brush her thumb across it to get you to release your lip from your teeth.

"Don't do that, baby." She whispered softly, worried you'd make it bleed.

The pain slowly faded away and you dropped your head to Rosie's shoulder with a shaky breath.

"What time is it?"

"Are you sure you want to know?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"Two am."

You'd been at this for several hours.

Your baby was getting very close to being ready to arrive but you weren't there quite yet and needless to say, you were exhausted.

If you had the energy, you would've shed a tear or two from the frustration and pain.

But you didn't even have the energy to do that.

"Don't worry, baby. I think our baby will be here before the sun comes up." She said with a little smile.

"That could still be hours from now though." You said as she rubbed your back.

Rosé was about to reply when she felt her heart shatter again as you groaned in pain.

The pain was coming back again.

"Not again."

"It's okay, my love. You're alright." She said as she took your hands into hers again. "Squeeze my hand, squeeze them so tight, baby."

You did as she said, practically squeezing the life out of her hands.

Honestly, Rosé was surprised they weren't turning blue.

But it would've been worth it, for you.

"It hurts." You groaned as she brushed her fingers across your palm.

"I'm here, sweet girl. Just breathe, you're okay."

Suddenly, something changed.

Something was different, something unmistakable.

Your baby was ready to enter the world now; you could feel it.

And Rosie could tell by the look in your eyes.

"I'll go get the doctor." She said, kissing your head before running out of the room.

She returned a moment later and helped you onto the bed before she took your hand and gave it a couple of squeezes.

"Promise you'll be here the whole time?" You asked nervously.

"The whole time, my love. I'm not going anywhere." She promised as she kissed your forehead, ready for your baby to finally enter the world.