she cheats with your best friend - part two (requested)

"Y/N? Y/N, where are you?" Jennie asked as she let herself into your house.

She heard the sound of sobs coming from your bedroom, so she quickly hurried there.

She walked into your room and over to you and without a word, she pulled you into her arms to comfort you.

"I'm so sorry." She said softly.

She was the first one you called and the first to hear the news of Rosé cheating on you with your best friend.

You've always been close to the girls when you were with Rosé, but you were always closest to Jennie for some reason.

You just had the most in common and seemed to get along best.

So, naturally, she was going to be the first one you got in contact with and the one you'd lean on through this hard time.

"Are you okay?"

"No." You sniffled. "You should've heard them, Jennie. Before I walked in on them. They were doing this behind my back and they were going to continue doing it, like I wasn't the one with Rosie."

"That's so awful of them. You don't deserve that, Y/N."

"I know. That's why I made it clear that Rosie and I are over and that I didn't want anything more to do with my friend."

She nodded understandingly as she gently brushed her fingertips across your arms.

"I walked in on them, Jennie. I saw them naked and curled up in bed together. They were both betraying me for so long. I feel like I can't trust anyone now."

"You can trust me. Always." She said.

"I'm so angry with both of them. I hate them both!" You said as you felt a strong sense of resentment for what they'd done to you.

"Trust me, I'm extremely angry with Rosé. She's lucky she's not here right now." Jennie said as she clenched her jaw in anger.

You chuckled a little as Jennie moved her fingertips from your arm to your hand, gently grabbing it in hers.

"You deserve so much better than that,
Y/N."

Your breath hitched as you looked away from her eyes to her lips.

You had never wanted to feel someone's lips against yours as badly as you wanted Jennie's lips on yours.

"Like you?" You asked as you held her hand in yours, intertwining your fingers together.

"Yeah." She said as she gazed into your eyes. "You deserve the world, babe. I'd be happy to be the one to give you that."

You leaned in, only for her to pull away.

"You're vulnerable right now, baby. I don't want to kiss you when you're just coming off of a breakup."

"I'm not kissing you as a rebound, Jennie. I want to kiss you because I want you. Just you."

She smiled a little before pulling you in for a soft kiss.

But you were interrupted just a couple of seconds later.

"What's going on here?"

It was Rosie.

"Are you kissing?"

"What do you want? What are you doing here?" You asked.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to you! Get out!"

"Y/N, please," she pleaded.

"No, Rosie! You cheated on me with my best friend! How could you?"

"I messed up. I know that. But I want you to know how sorry I am."

"Sorry? That's all you can say is sorry?" You scoffed.

"I don't know what else to say to express how much I regret what happened. I regret it so much, Y/N." She said as she stepped closer to you. "I should've never done what I did. I should've told you about it and I should've stopped."

"But you didn't, Rosie. You kept doing it and according to my best friend, you had no intentions to tell me or to stop."

She blinked away the tears in her eyes as she tried to grab your hand.

"Should I get down on my knees and beg you to forgive me? Because I will! I'll do anything."

"Stop!" You sniffled. "Just go. I'm not going to forgive you. We're done."

"But-"

"She said leave, Rosie," Jennie said as she got close to Rosé. "So go. It's over."

Rosie sighed as she shook her head.

"I'm so sorry. I will never forgive myself for what I did to you. If you ever change your mind, please tell me."

"I won't. Because I'm with Jennie now." You said as you held Jennie's hand. "I've already moved on. You should too."

Rosie nodded her head tearfully before walking out, staring down her best friend as she did so.

Jennie threw her arms around you as soon as Rosie was gone.

"Did you mean that? You want to be with me?"

"I might need some time before we get serious but yeah. I meant it, wholeheartedly."

She hugged you tight as you breathed out a sigh of relief, feeling as though you were finally where you belonged with who you were meant to be with.