break up (requested)

"Good evening, my love." Rosie cheerfully greeted as she walked through the front door. "Give me about fifteen minutes to shower and get ready and then we can go on our date!"

You looked at her with sad eyes, giving her the opposite reaction she expected to receive.

"What's the matter? I thought you'd be excited about our date tonight!"

"Yeah." You quietly spoke. "Can you sit down so we can talk?"

"Sure, baby." She said, but you saw the way she frowned despite  the way she tried to hide it. "What's going on?"

"It's hard for me to say." You said with a sigh. "But I think we should break up."

She stared at you in silence for a moment before she shook her head with a chuckle.

"I see what's going on. You're trying to prank me again, aren't you?"

"No, I'm not pranking you. I'm serious. I think we should break up."

Her smile faded, a frown replacing it as a look of utter shock and confusion appeared in her eyes.

"Why?"

"Have you seen what people are saying about you? The hate you're getting? Rosie, I'm the reason why! People are saying that it's all my fault. The things they're saying about you are just horrible and I can't deal with it anymore."

"Baby-" She tried to say as she put her hand on your thigh.

"No, Rosie, I'm serious! I can't handle seeing these things being said about you and knowing that it's all because of me hurts me. I can't do it. We have to break up so it'll stop and you can live your life in peace."

"Y/N, I'm never going to be able to live my life in peace. Whether you're part of my life or not, people are always going to say things about me. They're always going to try and find a reason to drag me down."

"Well, then, it'll at least die down a little."

"No." She quickly replied, taking you by surprise. "No, absolutely not."

"Rosie, I'm trying to help you." You spoke but saw the tears appear in her eyes a few seconds later.

"Help me? By me losing you? It hurts just thinking about it, Y/N! My life won't be better, it'll be worse. I won't have you." She said, voice cracking during her words.

"I just love you so much, Rosie. I don't want to be the reason why people hate you."

"It's not you." She sniffled as she moved her hand from your thigh up to yours, holding it tightly. "It's not you at all, baby. People are just miserable, jealous, and hateful people and they look for any excuse imaginable to try and justify it. But you're not at fault. You don't make things worse, baby girl, you make things better, my sweet girl."

You stared into her teary eyes, using your free hand to wipe away the tears that fell down her cheeks.

"Life without you would be so dull and miserable. It only gets harder and worse if I don't have you. I don't want to lose you. Please don't leave me." She begged before throwing her arms around you.

"I won't. I'm sorry." You said before throwing your arms around her. "I'm not leaving you. I'm not going anywhere. I love you."

"I love you more." She sniffled as she squeezed you tight. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You're the love of my life, the only one I want to spend forever with. I'm not letting you go, not ever. I'd take all the hate in the world over losing you."

You pulled away and kissed her lips softly, causing her tears to disappear and a smile to pull at her lips.

"here's what going to happen. I'm going to go upstairs and take a shower and get ready to go out with my girl. We are going to forget about this and the hate going around and just be with each other because that's all that matters."

"Okay." You smiled and kissed her once more. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled brightly before getting up to go upstairs and shower, both of you ready to forget all about this.