fighting in front of the girls - part two (requested)

After the door slammed closed behind the girls, Rosie ran her fingers through her hair and tightly squeezed her eyes shut as she tried to think of how she can ever make this better.

"Stupid!" She grumbled as she tugged at her long blonde locks.

She felt a mix of emotions but the guilt and regret were strongest.

She still couldn't believe she had said those things, that the words had come out of her mouth. She especially couldn't believe that she spoke them to you - the love of her life, her whole entire world.

She sat in silence, occasionally tapping her feet on the steps as she felt antsy about thinking of how she'd even begin speaking to you and expressing just how terrible she felt as she did so.

But after a few minutes, she stood up and rushed up the rest of the steps and down the hall to the bedroom.

"Y/N? Baby, can I come in?" She asked as she knocked on the door, still trying to turn the knob despite knowing that it was locked.

"I didn't mean it! I didn't mean a single word I spoke back there. I am so sorry and I know that's not enough but if you'll let me in, I'll try and talk and make things better."

She waited a few seconds and, to her relief, the door finally opened.

She saw the tear stains on your cheeks and, instinctively, she reached out to dry your eyes.

But you pulled back, making it clear you didn't want her to do that.

You stormed back into the room and she followed.

Her heart sank upon realizing that you had changed out of your fancy clothes that you were wearing when she arrived home.

You were in your sweats and coziest sweater now, wearing it for comfort.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I had an awful day. I know that's no excuse but it put me in such a bad mood and-"

"You decided to take it out on me?" You finished for her and she frowned, shaking her head.

"No. I didn't mean to. I would never do that to you on purpose. All those things I said, I was just annoyed and tired. I know it doesn't make it right but I swear to you, I would never say such awful things to you if I had been thinking. I'm home now, with you. That terrible day is behind me. But I let it get to me so much that I broke your heart and I'm so upset with myself."

"Yeah, I'm not very happy with you, either." You said as you stared back at her with your arms folded over your chest in disappointment.

You turned away and resumed what you had been doing before you let her in.

Rosie quickly realized what you were doing... packing.

"What's going on?"

"I'm leaving, Rosie."

She panicked, feeling even worse than she did before.

"No, please, baby. Please don't leave me."

She rushed to you and hugged you from behind, tears filling her eyes.

"You hurt my feelings, Rosie. No matter how bad my days are, I would never speak to you that way. I love you more than anything. Try and put yourself in my shoes. Imagine how you'd feel if I snapped at you that way."

"I know, I'd feel terrible. I do."

"And we fought in front of the girls, our friends. That wasn't cool."

You turned back to face her and as much as you wanted to wipe her tears away, you resisted.

"Please believe me when I say that I love you and I never wanted to hurt you, especially not by saying such terrible things. I swear, I didn't mean a single word that left my lips down there. I would never."

"I just wanted to go out with you, Rosie. After getting my hopes up for so long about this date, you go and say those things."

"I'll take you out right now! Anywhere you want to go. I'll do anything if it means that you know how much I regret everything. I love you so much and I know that I didn't show it in the best way tonight but I am truly sorry."

You sighed and cupped her cheek.

"I know. But I need a night or two apart to have a little room to breathe and to think."

"Think? About what?" She asked frantically as you began to walk away, bag over your shoulder.

You stopped walking for a moment though, just to turn around and stare into those teary eyes of hers, wordlessly telling her exactly what you meant.

"Us?"

"Yeah."

She lowered her head with a sob.

"I'm sorry."

"I need a day or two. Okay? Just let me think." You softly spoke before kissing her cheek and walking down the stairs and out the door and Rosé fell to her knees, in shock as it sank that she really messed up.