I should've told you (requested)

"Are you thirsty, baby? I'm going to go grab a drink. Do you want one?" You asked Rosie as you pulled away from her embrace.

"Sure, baby. I'd like that." She smiled and you shared a quick kiss before going into the kitchen.

Tonight, you're at a party that one of your friends is having.

Rosie honestly didn't want to come but because you did want to come but not by yourself, she agreed and decided to tag along.

She sent your friends a friendly smile from across the room before giving them a friendly wave as their eyes met.

Rosie looked around the room, moving to  the music a little before she felt someone tug at her hand.

Thinking that it was you, she giggled happily.

But she regretted it as soon as  she saw an intoxicated stranger standing there beside her.

Yanking her hand out of their grip, she frowned at them.

"Uh, hi? Can I help you?"

The stranger was clearly extremely intoxicated and Rosie had a bad feeling about it.

She thought about going over to your friends and just hanging out with them until you returned with the drinks.

But before she could, she felt the stranger's lips on hers.

She, of course, didn't kiss back.

Her lips didn't move against the strangers' for even a split second.

Instead, she was angry and in disbelief as she pulled back.

"Don't do that!" She loudly said.

The stranger just smirked at her and touched Rosie's hand before walking away.

She looked as though she'd really enjoyed the kiss whereas Rosie didn't; not even in the slightest.

"Hey, baby!" You cheerfully said as you returned. "Here's your drink."

"Oh, thanks," Rosé said before breathing out a sigh of relief.

She needed it after what had just occurred.

As she swallowed down the drink, one of your friends came over and stole you away from her.

"Hey, Y/N. Can we talk about something for a second? In private?"

"Uh, sure." You said and walked away from Rosie, following your friend to a different part of the room. "What's up?"

"Okay, I don't know how to tell you this, but when you were in the kitchen I saw Rosie kissing someone else."

Your friends' words shocked you.

Surely, she had to be pulling your leg and making some sort of unfunny joke.

Because there was no way that Rosé would ever do that.

"What? You've got to be mistaken."

"I'm not." She said and you could tell by the look in her eyes that she was being entirely truthful with you. "I'm so sorry, Y/N."

"I'm going to go. Great party." You said before walking away with your heart sinking deep in your chest.

You shoved your way past Rosie, purposely  brushing your shoulder against hers.

"Babe? What's wrong?" She asked as she followed you across the room.

You grabbed your jacket and put it on.

"I'm going home."

"Okay. Let's go then." She said with a little frown and a sorta sad smile.

She tried to take your hand into hers  but you just pushed it away as you stormed out to the car.

The drive home was quiet.

Rosie tried so hard to get you to tell her what had happened and why you seemed so upset with her, but all you did was stay silent.

"Y/N? Talk to me!" Rosé said in frustration as you both entered your shared home. "Why do you seem so upset? What happened at the party?"

"Why don't you tell me, Rosie." You said as you turned to face her. "Tell me what happened."

"What are you talking about?" She frowned.

"You kissed someone else! At the party, you kissed someone! My friends saw it!"

Rosie's heart dropped.

Of course, things weren't as they seemed.

There was a perfectly good explanation for it but she understood completely why your friends mistook the situation.

"No, baby, you don't understand-"

"No, I do!" You interrupted. "You kissed someone else. You cheated!"

"No, I didn't, dammit!" She yelled. "I would never do that to you! You should know me  better than that!"

You both stood there, feeling overwhelmed by many different emotions.

"I didn't kiss anyone. The girl your friends saw me kiss kissed me first! I swear to you, I didn't want to be kissed by her. I pushed her away but your friends didn't see that part."

You stood in silence, arms folded over your chest as you gazed at her with teary eyes.

"I swear on my life, Y/N, I didn't kiss her. She kissed me and I pushed her away."

"If it's that innocent then why didn't you tell me?"

"I was scared." She said as she swallowed thickly. "I thought that it would cause an argument and you wouldn't believe me. I was so scared, Y/N, please believe me."

You could tell she was being honest with you.

You knew her well enough to know when she was being honest and when she isn't, and she was being truthful with you now.

"I'm so sorry. I should've told you, I know I should've. But I didn't know if you'd believe me. I'm so sorry."

You came over to her and put your arms around her to pull her in for a comforting hug, which was something you both needed at that moment.

"If something like that happens again, tell me right away. Not just because I want you to be honest with me, but also so I can kick some ass."

She laughed as she squeezed you tighter.

"I swear I will. I love you."

"I love you too." You said as you kissed her cheek softly, grateful that all was fine between you.