you fail your final exam (requested)

"Hey, darling!" Rosie greeted you as you walked through the door. "How was your day?"

You kicked off your shoes by the door wordlessly as she watched you.

Your silence told her exactly how your day had been - terrible.

Something had gone wrong and she needed to know what it was.

"Baby, what's the matter?"

You took a seat on the sofa beside her before handing her the paper in your hand.

"Just look."

It was your final exam.

You'd gotten in back today and the grade wasn't good at all.

You failed.

"Oh, baby." She said as she put it down on the table. "I'm so sorry."

"What did I do wrong? How could I have failed? I worked my ass off on that exam!" You said in frustration. "I can't believe this. I worked so hard on it and I failed!"

She scooted closer to you and wrapped her arms around you before laying her cheek on your shoulder.

"I failed, Rosie. I'm a failure."

"You are not a failure. Don't you ever say that."

"Well, the grade speaks for itself."

"Y/N, it's only an exam."

"It's my final exam, Rosie! It's not just any exam, it's important, and I failed it!"

She hated seeing you kick yourself so hard for this.

It broke her heart.

"Maybe you can change it somehow. Perhaps you can redo it. Talk to your professor, see what she says."

"I don't know." You said before hanging your head. "Maybe it's not even worth it. I worked this hard just to fail. I don't want to fail again."

"Y/N, look at me."

You didn't look at her, you just kept your head hung.

"Baby, come on. Look at me."

Finally, you turned your head and met her soft eyes.

She reached over and caressed your cheek softly as you took in a shaky breath.

"One bad grade doesn't mean that you're a failure. You're the smartest girl I know. You don't give yourself enough credit."

You sighed again, trying to find the words to say.

But it seemed that Rosie seemed to have them more than you did.

"I know that it was your final exam and it was important and it's okay that you're frustrated because I know how hard you worked and how hard you studied for this. It's completely normal that you're upset. But don't beat yourself up too much. It happens. It doesn't mean that you're a failure or that you're not smart enough or good enough, because that's so untrue."

"I'm just so disappointed in myself."

"I'm not." She said with a sweet smile. "I still think you're the brightest, sweetest, most perfect girl in the world. Just because you failed this exam doesn't mean that you will the next one. You're smarter than you think you are. Your other grades reflect that. You're the smartest girl in the world, in your whole university!"

"I don't know about that." You giggled.

"I do. To me, you are."

Her words made you smile, which made her heart flutter.

"I know it was important to you and I know you're hard on yourself and you always want to get the best grades, but it's okay to make mistakes and it's okay that you didn't get a perfect grade. It happens. You're a hard worker, Y/N. You'll ace the next one, just as you have all the others."

"You think so?"'

"I know so." She smiled proudly. "You're my girl, baby. I know these things."

"Thank you." You smiled, softly kissing her cheek.

"And just know that even though you didn't get a perfect grade, I'm still so proud of you. You're not a failure to me; far from it."

Her words brought you the comfort you needed, as did the brush of her hand across your back.

"And I love you lots."

"I love you too." You said before putting your arms around her for a hug. "Thank you, baby. I needed to hear that."

"Anytime, my girl. I hope you know that I mean every word, too. I'm not just saying it, I mean it wholeheartedly."

"Thank you."

You pulled away and kissed her lips softly, making her smile against your lips.

After the kiss, she brought you back into her arms to give you another hug, making you feel even better.