she doesn't know that you're sick and argues with you (requested)

The sound of the door slamming downstairs caused you to jump awake.

You slowly lifted your head off of the pillow and looked around the room with tired eyes.

You looked at the clock on Rosie's nightstand and groaned when you saw that three hours has gone b since you last looked at it, meaning that you fell asleep shortly after and just now woke up.

When you opened your eyes once more, Rosé was leaning against the doorway with her arms folded over her chest and her jaw clenched as she kept her eyes on you.

It was easy to see that she was not happy and as much as you love her, it's hard for you to find the energy to ask her to tell you all about what was bothering her so you could listen to her every word.

You usually would. You love her very much and always want to hear about her days; whether they're good, bad, or somewhere in between.

But with how terrible you feel, you just wanted to close your eyes and go back to sleep.

You barely have the energy and strength to get up and get more water, so everything is hard for you to give your attention to other than sleep.

"Thank you for standing me up tonight."

You opened your eyes as soon as the words left Rosie's lips and stared at her in confusion.

"What?"

"Oh, so you did forget." She said as she walked into the bedroom, scoffing at you.

She tossed her bag onto the floor and shrugged her hoodie off.

"Aren't you the one that got upset with me recently because I got caught up in practice and forgot our date? And today, you forget our date because you're just laying in bed and that's okay?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. What date?"

"The date at the spot I made reservations for! You were supposed to show up. I waited an hour and a half for you and you never showed!"

You realized then that you must've forgotten about a date with her tonight.

It wasn't intentional and she had a point.

She had forgotten a date recently and you were crushed over it, so you forgetting this one must've crushed her.

"I'm sorry, baby, I-"

"You know what? I don't want to hear it." She interrupted, grumbling as she walked to the closet. "Just go make me some food."

You were taken aback by the words that left her lips and the way she had said them.

It wasn't as if she was asking, she was telling you to.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." She said as she changed out of the clothes she wore to practice and put on some clean ones before tossing her other clothes into the basket. "Make me food."

"Why don't you go do it yourself?"

"Because you didn't show up to our date!"

"Okay, so I forgot it. But when you forgot, I didn't demand you to make me food just because you forgot our date. I'm an adult, perfectly capable of making my own food. So are you. You've got two hands, go do it yourself!"

"Oh, so you can just lay in bed and sleep some more? Let me get this straight - I was actually so busy that I forgot our date but you're just laying in bed and forgot and you're acting as if it's no big deal to you."

"It is, babe. You know that I feel bad about it!" You said as you tangled your fingers in your hair, feeling too sick to argue with her.

"Then make it up to me. Make me some food."

"And how do you expect me to do that, huh?" You yelled, taking her by surprise. "I feel so awful I can barely get out of bed to go get myself some water! Do you think I can get the energy to go make you some food? I would do that most days because I love and care about you more than anything, Rosie. But I'm sick! I haven't felt this awful in so long and all I want to do is sleep! So if you want to act this way, go sleep on the couch or in the other room. I don't care. Just leave me alone."

You laid back down and closed your eyes while Rosé stood across the room, speechless and in shock.

"You're sick?" She softly spoke as she walked to you.

Before you could do or say anything, she put her hand on your forehead and gasped softly upon feeling how feverish you were.

"You're burning up!"

"Yeah, I know. I have been all day. Because I'm sick. You'd know that if you cared enough to ask."

"I do care." She sighed as she sat on the edge of the mattress. "I just didn't show it a moment ago. I'm sorry. I don't know why I acted like that and said those things to you."

"Rosie, I'm sorry I forgot our date. Truly, I am." You said as you opened your eyes, gazing into hers with a sad and exhausted look. "I just feel so awful that it completely slipped my mind. All I wanted to do is sleep. I couldn't think of anything else."

"I understand. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have spoken to you the way I did. It was wrong and I feel very bad about it."

"Can we talk more about it soon? I feel too sick to do it right now."

"Okay." She nodded. "Only if you let me take care of you and know that I'm truly very sorry. I didn't mean anything I said and I won't ever act like that again."

"Better not." You tiredly spoke and heard her chuckle as you closed your eyes.

"What kind of sick are you feeling, baby? A cold?"

"No. More like the flu. I've been throwing up a little."

"My poor, sick baby." She sighed sadly and started to brush her fingers through your hair. "Can I get you some water? Or some soup?"

"Both. But only if you eat something too."

"Deal." She softly spoke and smiled a little before she kissed your forehead. "You get some rest. I'll be back up here soon, in about fifteen or twenty minutes. I love you."

"I love you too." You said and smiled a little as she tucked you in and kissed your temple a few times before walking out of the room, planning to make everything up to you once you felt better.