put your phone away (requested)

Rosie laid in bed beside you with a sigh. She was cozy in her pajamas and under the warm blankets.

After her busy day, she was happy to be able to come home to you and curl up in the comfortable bed you share.

She opened her eyes and looked at you, frowning when she saw you scrolling through your phone.

She saw the way you'd squeeze in your eyes shut in discomfort when things would become blurry and she heard you wince as the familiar headache you get quite often came back again.

She hates that you do this to yourself.

You're on your phone a lot. You're curious about things taking place in the world and you enjoy keeping up with your friends and the idols you look up to.

But your obsession with your phone comes with consequences.

You get a lot of headaches and sometimes, you stare at your screen too long and your vision blurs a little.

She's trying to break your habit, knowing it only causes you some pain and misery in the end.

But it's hard to keep that phone of yours out of your hands.

She sighed and scooted closer to you. She wrapped one arm around you while using her other to reach over and take your phone from your hands.

"Rosie?"

"Shh." She shushed softly. "It's fine to put your phone away for the night. Look, your battery is even close to dying."

"I'll charge it."

"No, let's put it away for the night. It's almost midnight and I'm home. Why don't we cuddle?"

You nodded in agreement and she handed your phone to you so you could plug it in and put it on the nightstand.

You curled up in her arms as she pulled the blanket up to your shoulders. It's big enough to cover both of you.

It's cozy and warm, just like her embrace.

"I'm not trying to lecture you when I say this, you know that's not what I do. But we've got to lighten up on the phone usage, my love. Your head is hurting a lot. I have to almost force you to get off of it at times. I hate doing that."

"I know. I'm sorry. I just get so into it sometimes, it's hard to disconnect at times."

"Well, let's work on that together. I've got the day off tomorrow. Let's make a deal - no phones for most of the day, a few minutes here and there is okay, but let's cuddle and watch some movies, maybe play some games together. Sound good?"

"I love that idea."

She brushed the tip of her nose against yours with a smile on her face before pressing her lips onto yours for a loving kiss.

"Tell me about your day."

"You're tired, baby. Go to sleep." She chuckled and kissed your head.

"I will, but I want you to talk to me. I love the sound of your voice."

She grinned, feeling a flutter in her heart from the words that fell from your lips.

She kissed your temple and started to talk to you about anything and everything.

She was happy just to hold you in her arms as you fall asleep as she looks forward to the next day with no phones and a bunch of quality time together.