she deserves better (requested)

You put your book to the side upon hearing the chime of your phone as someone attempted to FaceTime you.

Noticing that it was Rosé, your heart began to race with excitement.

You're apart at the moment, since she's in LA doing some work-related things for the next few days, while you stayed in your shared home in Seoul to also work on your own work.

So when you get to see her face, even if it's just for a few minutes, you get so excited.

"Rosie, baby!" You grinned as you answered. "How are you, my love?"

You hoped to see her smile or hear her some happiness in her voice, but instead, you heard her sniffling.

Once she came into frame, you saw her teary eyes and noticed a couple of tears falling down her cheeks.

"Baby, what is it?"

"People are being mean right now." She sniffled. "I'm getting a lot of hate on social media right now and I didn't even do anything to deserve it."

She never does.

Yet, she always seems to get so much hate, and it always breaks your heart.

"Oh, my love-"

"They're so mad at me. I was so tired today and I tried so hard to be nice to everybody regardless of them swarming me and putting their phones in my face. I even signed a few things for some of them but they didn't think it was good enough. Because people hate me."

You shook your head in disappointment.

Not in her; never in her.

But more so in the cruelty of the world.

You don't understand why people find it acceptable to gather at airports and mob idols such as your girlfriend when they either have long flights ahead of them or they just got off of a long flight.

People think it's okay to shove their phones in idols' faces, as if Rosé and others want that from people.

They think their idols owe them something, as if them waiting for them to arrive at certain places or mobbing them is something they ask these "fans" to do.

Rosé, just as everyone else, only wants and deserves privacy; at their best and their worst.

They owe people nothing.

Yet, people get frustrated when idols don't do exactly what they want.

Autographs, selfies, conversations, waves, big and bright smiles, poses for photos for them to brag about taking and spread across social media.

You've seen people want all of these things listed above, and more, from Rosé and you always feel so uncomfortable and disappointed in the way people treat her.

People that claim to adore her yet are the fastest to throw her under the bus the moment she doesn't do something they want her to.

"It's so unfair." She mumbled. "I always do my best to show the fans how much I love and appreciate them but then they treat me this way and it hurts."

Your heart shattered.

You wished, more than anything, that you could hold her and comfort her.

But right now, she's so far away and this is all you can do for the time being.

"I'm so sorry, baby. You don't deserve that."

She wiped her eyes and exhaled shakily, still feeling saddened by everything.

"I know how much this hurts you. But just know, the fans that truly love you, are still supporting you. I bet they're defending you right now, telling all of those so-called fans that you aren't forced to do anything for them; you choose to when you feel up to it."

"I know." She sniffled.

"Rosie, I know their words hurt but you did nothing to deserve this. You don't owe anyone anything. You're just a human, my love. You get exhausted just as everyone else does. You're very kind, always, and people just have to learn to accept that you're not always going to be up to doing or talking much. That doesn't mean you don't appreciate them. Your true fans know that. You had a long flight and you're tired and you did nothing wrong."

"Thank you, sweet girl." She said and even smiled a little.

"Always remember this, baby. You deserve the world but the world doesn't deserve you."

You noticed that no more tears were falling down her cheeks, much to your relief.

"I'm always here for you, my love. Even when I'm not right there by your side, I've always got your back."

"I know and I'm so grateful for you." She smiled. "I miss you so much and I can't wait to be home with you."

"Same here, my love. I'm counting down the days. I miss you lots."

She blew you a kiss through the screen and you blew one back to her, causing her smile to grow.

"You look so tired. Why don't you get all cozy in your hotel room and take a little nap?"

"Okay. I will. But I want to call you again later. I know there's a huge time difference between us but-"

"Baby, call me whenever. Day or night, I don't care at all. You call me when you want or need to."

"Okay, I will. I love you so much. Thank you for listening and for making me feel better."

"I'm always happy to cheer you up and make you feel so much better. I love you more than anything and I hope you get some rest."

"I will. Talk soon."

"I look forward to it." You smiled and she ended the call a few seconds later.

You closed your eyes and thought about how she deserved so much better than what she has to go through.

You just hoped the rest of her trip would go smoothly and she'd be home in no time, safe and sound so you can hold her close.