hold me, I'm lonely (requested)

You climbed into your bed, curling up under the covers after changing out of the clothes you'd worn to work on this long and difficult day.

You couldn't be happier that it's finally over.

Or, at least close to it.

It's almost eight o'clock and your eyes are so heavy that you just want to put your head on your pillow and close your eyes to sleep.

You want to sleep through your day off tomorrow and into the next, only waking up that morning due to the sound of your annoying alarm disrupting your peaceful slumber.

But, despite being so tired, you were wide awake.

Maybe it's because of the time.

It is still quite early and as tired as you are, you haven't gotten to sleep this early for a long while.

Or, perhaps, it was because your bed felt empty and you felt cold.

You reached for your phone that you plugged in to charge before you even got changed.

You sat up against the pillows, wondering what Rosie was doing right now.

Rosie.

The sweet girl that you've been with for the last few months.

The girl that makes you so happy, happier than you've ever been before.

You know she has a lot going on. It's why you haven't seen her in a couple of days.

You don't live together yet, you both wondered if it was too soon in your relationship for that.

But it's something you have been talking about.

It would help for days like these.

Days when you feel so drained, so empty, so... lonely.

You don't want to interrupt her if she's busy but you would love to hear the sound of her soft, sweet voice at the least.

So, although you hesitated, you eventually scrolled through your contacts until you saw her name and you tapped on it before putting your phone to your ear.

You listened to it ring once.

Twice.

And then, on the third one, she picked up.

"Y/N, baby! Hi. How are you doing?"

You closed your eyes without a word, just soaking in the warmth her voice gives you.

You also cracked a small smile because you love that adorable Aussie accent of hers.

It makes your heart skip a beat.

"Y/N? Are you there?"

"Yeah. Sorry, babe. What are you doing?"

"Getting ready to head home, actually. I just finished up in the studio."

"Oh." You said as you toyed with the strings of your hoodie.

Or, rather, her hoodie that she gave to you.

"What is it, my love? You don't sound very happy."

"I'm not." You confessed.

"Hard day?"

She knows you so well.

"Yeah. Can you come over? I want you to hold me. I'm lonely tonight."

"I'll be there in a few, darling. I'll see you soon."

You ended the call and closed your eyes as you wondered how on earth you got so lucky.

You opened your eyes a few minutes later when true to her word, Rosie shook you awake.

"Y/N, baby? I'm here." She whispered as she gently shook your shoulder.

You opened your eyes slowly and felt your heart start to beat a little faster when you saw your beautiful girlfriend there in your bed beside you.

She stroked your cheek softly, her soft brown eyes staring into yours.

"Doing okay?"

You shrugged your shoulders wordlessly.

"Talk to me." She whispered as she kissed your forehead a few times.

"I guess I just feel a little low." You sighed as you grabbed her other hand, holding it tight. "I feel down and lonely."

"Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm here and I'm staying the night with you." She said with a big smile.

"You don't have to. I know you must be tired and have other things to do."

"Hush." She said as she gently placed her index finger over your lips. "I've got nothing else to do tonight except be here with my girl. I want to be here. I know I saw you a couple of days ago but I missed you."

"I missed you too." You said as you brushed your thumb across her palm. "Will you hold me for the night?"

"There's nothing else I'd rather do." She said as she pulled you into her arms. "I won't let you go."

You sighed, melting into her warm and loving embrace.

"You know I'm always here for you. I won't ever let you feel down or lonely. I will always be here for you to try and make it better." She promised as she kissed your head. "I love you."

"I love you too." You said. "It feels so nice being held in your arms. I needed this. I needed you."

"And here I am, baby girl." She said as she brushed her fingers through your hair. "Right here. Don't worry about a thing tonight. I won't let you go, I promise."

You just smiled a little as she continued to hold onto you, giving you all the comfort you needed as the sadness and loneliness faded away.

You've got Rosie here with you now.

There's nothing else in the world that you need.