it's going to get better (requested)

You stood up from your seat as the class began to empty.

You watched as your professor slipped out the door as well, leaving you by yourself in the room momentarily.

Or, so you thought.

As you placed your books into your bag, you felt someone shove you which caused you to hit your ribs against the table in front of you.

"Ow," you said and turned around before rolling your eyes over the group of other university students in front of you.

You put your bag over your shoulder and then began to head out of the room.

But they were following right behind you.

"Hey, Y/N? When is the last time Rosé had her eyes checked?" One of the girls laughed. "I imagine it's been a while since she's still with you. I would've left a long time ago if I were her. I mean, just look at you."

You tried to let their words roll off of you.

You tried to let them go in one ear and out the other.

"You'd think that being with someone so fashionable and so beautiful, you'd choose to wear better things than... that." Another girl said.

"I'm wearing jeans and a hoodie. The same damn thing you are." You sassed back.

"Shut your mouth!" Another person said. "You talk too much. Can't you tell that no one likes you? No one wants to hear anything you say. No one wants to be around you. You're worthless!"

That hurt.

"Screw you," you said before storming off as they all laughed and mocked you.

You hurried to your dorm, hoping that your roommate wasn't there.

You breathed out a sigh of relief when you saw it was empty and, close to breaking down, you went to close the door.

But someone stopped you.

"Y/N? Are you alright?"

You recognized that soft, comforting voice and that precious accent.

It was your girl.

It was your Rosie.

You turned around and saw the look of shock on her face while tears blurred your vision.

"Oh, my baby," she sighed before closing the door and then pulling you into her arms. "I saw it. I heard what they said to you. Baby, I'm so sorry."

You sniffled and held onto her as tightly as you possibly could.

"How long has that been happening for? The bullying and name-calling."

She guided you to your bed and laid down on it with you.

"A few weeks. Since we went public."

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked with a sad voice. "That's been happening for weeks? You should've told me."

"I know. I'm sorry. I just thought I would be tough enough to handle it on my own. But every time, the things they say are more hurtful than the time before. They hate me."

Rosie held back the tears stinging her eyes and swallowed the lump in her throat.

"I'm worthless. I'm ugly. I'm not good enough. That's what they always tell me and it hurts."

"You are none of those things, darling."

She brushed her fingers under your eyes, drying your tears as they fell.

"I know words hurt. I know that sometimes your skin can be thin and the words people say can break you." She sighed. "That's perfectly normal. Sometimes, the things people say about me hurt me. You're human. It's going to hurt sometimes."

You put your head on her shoulder, staring at her with red, sad eyes.

"But you have to remember that the things they say aren't true. They will never be true. They're just jealous, bitter people. They're taking their anger and frustration out on you and it's awful and unfair, but it's also so untrue."

She kissed the corners of your lips, desperate to see you smile.

"You're beautiful." She whispered softly. "So beautiful. If they can't see it, that's their loss. You're worthy. You're worthy of all the love and happiness in the world. You're perfect just as you are and, my darling, that's never going to change. People can say it time and time again, but that doesn't make it true. You're loved, you're wanted, you're perfect. Don't ever forget that."

Your heart almost exploded.

She always knows what to say.

"I love you more than anything in the world. I don't just want you in my life, I need you. So never let anyone convince you that you're unwanted or worthless because I will always be here to make sure you know that's the furthest thing from the truth."

"I love you so much." You said as she played with your hair. "You always know how to make me feel better."

"Baby, I'm just saying the truth." She smiled. "We're going to talk to someone about this tomorrow but for tonight, I'm going to spoil you. I'm taking you out for dinner and you're staying the night at my place."

"That sounds amazing." You said and Rosie's heart swelled when you smiled at her.

"There it is. That beautiful smile. I love it so much. So bright, so pretty."

That made your smile grow until she leaned in and gave you a kiss on your lips.

"Things are going to change. It's going to get better. I promise you that this is the last time they're going to say things like that to you. No one says things like that to my girl and gets away with it."

"Thank you, baby. I love you," you grinned.

"I love you more, sweet girl," she said before giving you another soft, sweet kiss.