5. Boredom

I open the front door to hear silence. That's odd, this house is always loud. I place my bag next to the door and walk into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"Hey happy, where is everyone?" I ask when happy walks past.

"I believe they are in a meeting" he says before walking out if the room.

Well I'm alone. That's great. Really great...

I grab a glass of water and head up to my room. The house is really empty.

I was sort of use to being alone in the day but there was often someone around. Not even Bucky was around and Bucky is always around the house.

I just stare out the window. There are a lot of clouds out there. Sometimes I wish I could actually touch the clouds and lay on them looking up into the endless sky. When I was younger I use to climb the trees in the gardens and sit in the tallest reading a book, I would be up there for hours and people would come looking for me but when it became a constant thing everyone new where to find me.

Thinking about it, times like this when I'm alone I could really do with a dog. I might ask my dad when I see him.

I'm bored. So very bored. And hungry. Very hungry.

I get up out of bed and head back down to the kitchen and grab a tub of Ben and jerries ice cream along with a spoon from the draw and lay on the sofa grabbing the remote and putting an episode of friends on.

A tub of ice cream and 4 episodes of friends later, still no sign of anyone.

I close my eyes just for a second and suddenly I'm fast asleep. School really does tire you out.

- a few hours later -

"Is she asleep?"

"Yeah so be quite"

I groan and turn my head into the side of the sofa.

"To loud" I mumble.

"You woke her"

"I did no such thing"

"Yall are to loud" I grab my blanket and walk upstairs into my bedroom and getting under the warm soft covers.

I soon hear the footsteps coming up the stairs and entering my room and then my bed soon goes down as they sit on it.

"Are you going to tell us about your day?" My dad asks.

"I was trying to sleep" I groan laying my head in nats lap as she gently strokes my hair out of my face.

"Sorry we weren't here when you got back" he says looking disappointed in himself.

"It's okay" I don't question what they where gone for.

"So how was school?"

"It was amazing, I made friends with peters friends and this kid peed himself in front of everyone after being being rude to peter"

"He peed himself?"

"Yep"

"You didn't have anything to do with that happening now did you?"

"Nope"

"I don't believe you" my dad looks at me suspiciously.

"Why was he being rude to peter?" Nat asked.

"It wasn't just peter he was also being a bit rude to me"

"What did he say?" My dad asks.

"I can't remember, also my new friends think I own a dog so we might need to adopt a dog" I say with puppy eyes.

"My sister always wanted a dog" Nat smiles.

"Did she ever get a dog?"

"I think so"

"I want to name the dog Max" I smile at them both.

"Tony she named the dog we don't even have" Nat looks at my dad.

"Yep, but we have to remember about buckys goats, They might not like a dog around" dad says.

"Buckys goats will be dead soon, he doesn't t feed them" I say and Nat laughs.

"Yeah someone should probably remind him"

"He Could always just stick magnets to his arms with reminders on" I suggest.

"Good idea, tell him that next time you'd we him"

"So can we get a dog?"

"I will see what I can do" my dad says with a smile.

"Yay thank you" I already know he will get a dog, what he said actually meant was he's getting a dog he just won't let me know.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"About 7:30"

"Damnn I slept through most of the evening"

"Yeah, you also ate the last tub of ice cream"

"Dad you're a billionaire you can buy as much ice cream as you like"

"Okay well dinner is ready" my dad gets up from the bed.

"What are we having?"

"Spaghetti, vision made it"

"He seems to have taken a liking to cooking" I follow him and Nat out the door.

The rest of the evening soon goes by. We all sat on the balcony eating dinner and the sun soon went down leaving the sky a beautiful fiery red.

"(Y/n) wants a dog, what's everyone's opinion on it?" Dad asks.

"I want a dog!!" Bucky about screams standing on the table.

"A dog would be nice to have around" Steve nods his head.

"All those who would like a dog around lift your left arm" dad says and everyone lifts there arm.

"So can we get a dog now" I smile.

"Yeah we can go to the shelter after you finish school" dad sighs giving me a smile.

"Yes!!!" I jump out of my chair. "Can we invite peter?"

"Sure"