12. Zoned out

The first week of school soon past and it was Friday again. Last night while I was on the phone to Peter, he had invited me to dinner with him and his aunt after school.

My dad had agreed to let me go when I asked him the next morning before school but I was going to go anyway with or without his permission.

"Good morning happy" I smile as I sit in the back of the car.

"You're in a good mood today" he turns around with a smile.

"I'm going to peters after school"

"Oh I bet that will be fun"

We soon pull up outside of peters apartment and he climbs in the car next to me with a smile on his face.

"Good morning" he smiles cheerfully.

"Hey" I smile.

"What time will I need to pick you up later (y/n)?" Happy asks and I turn to peter he shrugs.

"I will call you when I'm ready to be picked up" I say.

"Okay as long as it's before 9 because there's a show on at 9 i really want to watch"

"Okay"

The car soon pulls up to where we get dropped of every morning and picked up.

"See you later" I close the car door and walk next to Peter towards the school.

"I'm a bit nervous to meet your aunt" I say and peter looks at me.

"Don't be, she already loves you from what I've told her" peter smiles.

"Morning love birds" Ned walks over to us and I roll my eyes at the nickname he has given Peter and I.

"Morning Ned" peter and I both say.

"Guess what" Ned smiles.

"What?"

"I have a date" he smiles proudly.

"What!?" Peter and I both stop and turn to him.

"You guys have to stop being in synch all the time, creeps me out"

"Yeah yeah, you have a date?" Peter says shocked.

"With who?" I ask.

"You guys seem so surprised" he says "it's with Betty"

"Betty as in popular betty?" Peter says.

"Yeah that's the only betty I know"

"Congratulations man" peter smiles.

"So I'm going on a date, when are you both gonna go on a date?" Ned wiggles his eyebrows.

"We aren't-" peter begins as his face turns red.

"Don't you dare say you won't be going on a date Peter, you both are the most perfect couple together and you both just won't accept what could be and if you don't go on a date by the end of this year, I will force you both on a date" Ned says in a series threatening tone.

I'd love to go on a date with Peter, he is the most amazing person I've ever known and he treats me like I'm not some dangerous weapon that needs to be kept in a house at all times. Every second we spend together makes me like him more than a friend. The time we almost kissed in the elevator has been stuck in my head since it happened.

"Let's get to class" Ned snaps me from my thoughts and seems like peter was also thinking the same, I hope.

We both exchange awkward smiles before following Ned into the school.

I grab my folder from my locker and my textbooks and walk towards first period with Peter since we both have math.

"I have a feeling what he said was true" peter says as we sit down and I turn to meet his eyes and his face begins to blush.

"What part?" I ask.

"All of it" he blushes even more and I can feel my cheeks warm up as my tummy fills with butterflies.

"Oh" I smile.

The teacher walks into the class and starts taking the register.

I try to focus on what she was teaching us but my mind kept wandering to peter and his perfect, adorable face. Did he basically just confess that he has feelings for me?

"(Y/n)?" Peters voice shook me from my thoughts. "You okay?" He asks sweetly.

"Uh yeah"

"Class is done, I think you zoned out" he laughs.

"Really, that went fast"

"Yeah it did" he smiles as we walk out the classroom and into the busy corridors. "What had you so zoned out anyway?"

Oh it's nothing just you and your stupidly adorable face I just can't get from my mind.

"It was nothing" I say.

"Oh okay"

We walk towards our lockers and I swap my books over since I have English literature next.

"Have you got a drink?" I ask Peter since I forgot to put mine in my bag this morning.

"Yeah, here you go" he passes me a Spider-Man water bottle.

"Seriously a Spider-Man water bottle?"

"Yeah I saw it in a shop" he smiles. "It's that or nothing so take it or leave it"

"Thanks" I hand it back to him and we both shut out lockers and head back down the corridor towards our next class.

"What's your aunt making for dinner?" I ask

"She will probably make lasagna, that's one of her specialties" he smiles.

"I love lasagna" I smile.

"I know you do" he chuckles.

The class room was silent and empty when we walked in. A note was pinned on the teachers desk saying class is cancelled for today.

"What are we supposed to do for the next 2 and a half hours?" I say.

"We could always go the library" peter suggest.

"I don't really have any work i need to catch up on"

"I don't either" Peter says. We had been doing our homework together so we where both up to date with everything.

"Want to go on a walk?" I ask.

"I have a better idea" he grins.