64. The test

The next week went by quickly, Peter and I where heading back to the city in a few days because we start school in 2 weeks and want to get back a few days before. May had rang earlier to check in so Peter spoke to her for almost half an hour, happy had been staying with her while we where gone.

"Any sign of your period?" Peter asked and I shook my head. I was almost a week late. I was starting to worry.

"Do you wanna head back to the city today?" I ask Peter. I was fed up of being in the middle of nowhere, I missed the traffic and the people.

"Sure, we are basically packed" peter said.

"Okay I will tell my dad"I kiss his lips before walking outside to find my dad sat alone on the bench.

The weather was beginning to cool down slowly. "Hey dad"

"Hi kiddo everything okay?"

"Yeah, Peter and I where thinking about heading back to the city today"

"Oh okay what time you thinking about leaving?"

"Next hour or so, we still have to pack the car and get everything sorted"

"Well it was nice having you stay here for a while" he says giving me a smile.

"Yeah it was" i say. I head back inside and help peter pack up our bags. I hadn't opened the things Nat had left me, I was gonna do that when I got home.

Peter packs the car up as I say goodbye to my dad, Morgan and pepper.

"Bye" they wave as we drive down the road.

"Should we get a pregnancy test, just to check" I say.

"Maybe, then we'd know" he puts his hand on my thigh.

"I'm kinda scared"

"Same to be honest"

The drive back into the city went by really fast, we stopped in the shop and picked up a pregnancy test and awkwardly walked over to the till. The old woman behind the till looked at us judgementally as we paid. Peter held onto my hand the entire time to calm my nerves but I could tell he was equally as nervous.

The apartment building came into sight and we got the bags out of the trunk of the car and carried them back up to our apartment. May was helping out at the charity place since we called ahead to tell her we where on our way back.

The bag with the pregnancy test was just laying on the bed as we put our dirty washing into the washing machine.

"Okay i should probably go take this" I grab the bag.

"Want me to come with you?" Peter asked.

"Peter we are close but nothing peeing together close"

"I'll just stand outside the door" he says and I nod before going into the bathroom.

It felt weird to be peeing on a stick.

"You done?" Peter asked.

"Yep" I say and flush the chain before unlocking the door and Peter rushes in.

I put the test on the counter and went and stood next to Peter as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Is it done yet" Peter asked after waiting less than a minute.

"I don't think so"

What felt like hours but was actually 5 minutes. The timer went off for us to check.

"Okay you ready" grab the test keeping it covered.

I slowly flip it over and it read not pregnant. I let out a breath I had been holding and show it to Peter. I couldn't work out what his reaction was his face flickered with so many different emotions.

"Oh well that's okay then isn't it" I say and peter holds me.

"Yeah"

Part of me was sad but the other part felt relived, we where both to young for a baby.

"Hello!!" May calls from the hallway before walking into our bathroom and seeing the pregnancy test. "Oh shit" Was her first reaction.

"Don't worry it's negative" I say.

"Oh so why do you both seem so sad" she says and we both go silent. "Soo how was your holiday?"

"Yeah it was good" Peter says and we leave the bathroom.

"I'm gonna order pizza for dinner" May says and leaves the room.

"I know we are to young but part of me kinda hoped it be positive"

"Same, hopefully next time we have to do one it will be positive and we'd be ready for a child" peter says and I just wrap my arms around him and lay on his chest listening to his heart beat.

"I love you Peter"

"I love you my darling" he kisses my head.

Pizza soon arrives and we go sit at the table and eat it, we told May everything we had got up to over the last few weeks but we left out the stuff that was private but she figured that out since we had a freaking pregnancy scare. Happy ended up joining us for dinner and then him and May sat on the sofa watching some tv.

I put my pyjamas on while Peter was sat at his desk playing a video game. I grabbed my book from the side and read that, I had read about 50 pages before Peter came back to bed and put my book down for me.

"When one day we do end up with a baby, I want us to have our own place before so we can decorate a room for them and we wouldn't bother May with all the baby stuff even though she adores babies" Peter says.

"Yeah, when I've been shopping with her she always stops to see the babies" I smile.

"Once we've done with high school we can start apartment shopping" Peter says and I nod in agreement.

We both ended up falling asleep pretty quickly. The journey home had tired us both out.