20. Video call

Bucky drops the tree of on the patio while Nat and I head inside.

We had decided that we would leave the tree on the patio for tonight since it's late and then tomorrow we would decorate it after school.

I grab a bag of crisps from the kitchen along with a drink before heading upstairs.

The house was silent except for the sound of Bucky and Nat talking downstairs. I'm use to the house being quite and empty but it's weird and feels lonely.

Text

(Y/n)
I'm home x

Peter
That's good
Wanna video call?

Sure I'm about to go in shower
After?

Yeah
Okay call you in a bit

- - - -

I put my phone on charge and headed into the bathroom. Max attempts to follow me into the bathroom but I throw his ball across the room and he chases after it and I quickly close the door. He had grown so much bigger but he was still adorable and fluffy.

I don't spend to long in the shower since I want to go call Peter. I've been away from him for less than an hour and I miss his adorable face.

I put my pyjamas on and grab peters hoodie and slide it over my head. It was so soft and it smelt like him.

I grab my phone from the side and quickly call Peter. Max jumps on the bed and attacks me with kisses.

"Hey!" Peters face appears on the screen but I can't see because max is licking my face. "Hello max" peter laughs.

"Hi pete" I try and say while getting max of off me.

"Hi (y/n)" he smiles. "Is that my hoodie?" He points out and a grin takes over his face.

"Uh yeah"

"Looks better on you than it ever did on me"

"Aww thanks" I smile. "So how did May react when I left?"

"She wouldn't stop hugging me, she's probably stood at the door right now listening in"

"I am not" I hear may shout and I laugh.

"May I'm trying to talk with (y/n)" peter says.

"Hi (y/n)" May pokes her head on the camera.

"Hey" I smile.

"Please go" peter try's to push her out of the camera.

"Don't stay up all night talking, you both have school in the morning" she smiles and I hear Peter close his door and walk back over to his phone.

"Sorry about her"

"Don't worry I love your aunt she's amazing"

"Thank you!" I hear her shout.

My door opens and Nats head appears in the gap. "Just wanted to say Goodnight"

"Night" I smile at her.

"Is that peter?" She whispers.

"Yeah" I nod.

"Night peter!" She shouts and I turn the phone so Peter can see her.

"I'm dropping and picking you both up from school tomorrow, happy is with Tony on a business trip"

"Okay, remember to wake up early then"

"Got about 40 alarms set so should wake up on time" she smiles.

"See you in morning then" I smile at her before she closes the door.

I lay down on my side and put my phone on my bedside table and I can tell Peter does the same. We remain in a comfortable silence while I just admire his face on the screen.

"I'm so tired" I yawn.

"Go sleep then"

"I don't want to hang up"

"Don't then, it would be like a sleepover" he smiles.

"Yeah I wish you where actually here though"

"Me to then I could hold you in my arms"

"I'd like that" I say and begin to close my eyes.

"Night (y/n)" peter says quietly.

"Night pete" I mumble into my pillow.