8. Our tree swing

October had finally arrived. The first month of school had flashed by. It had become a tradition every Friday after school we would go get milkshakes at a place down the road from peters place. Mj sometimes came with us, same with ned, he always said he felt like a third wheel when it was just the three of us.

I don't know why he would think he'd be third wheeling when we hung out. Peter and I where just friends. Did I find him attractive? Maybe. Was i going to say anything? No of course not, I could never tell him I think he is cute and dreamy.

I would catch him staring at me in class while we worked, and when I caught him he would turn a dark shade of pink.

He also came round most days after school so we could work on our homework together which never took long giving us the rest of the afternoon to walk max and watch tv. Peter and max both quickly became part of the family, Peter even had his own room here, he's only stayed in it for 3 nights when we lost track of time and it got to late for him to go home.

"You know my aunt wants to meet you" he said as we sat on a swing under the tree in the gardens watching the sky change to orange.

"Really?"

"Yeah" he smiles "I talk about you a lot and she's asked me to invite you round so many times"

"You talk about me to your aunt" I grin.

"Yeah and she asks about you a lot" he blushes.

"Aww" I rest my head on his shoulder as the swing moves in the wind "well whenever you want me to come round I will be there"

I can feel peters eyes on me as I lean against him as I looked out over New York where the lights began to turn on everywhere lighting up the always awake city.

"Hey Peter" I say lifting my head to face him.

"Yeah?"

"If you could visit any place in the world where would it be?"

"Probably France or Europe in general but I've always wanted to go to Paris and go to a french cafe" He smiles. "What about you?"

"I'd say France to, I can also speak fluent french so if I ever went I could communicate with people" I smile.

"You speak fluent french?"

"Yeah my dad wanted me to know at least 5 languages before I turned 10"

"What other languages can you speak?"

"Spanish, German, french, Nat taught me Russian, I also know Italian"

"Woah if I ever go in a trip around the world your coming with me" he smiles and I laugh.

"Peter I've never left New York, I doubt I will ever be able to leave the country"

"What!? You've never left New York?" His voice goes high pitched as he stares at me in shock.

"Nope, I was basically stuck in the house for 16 years until I started school"

"Do you ever feel like you missed out on your childhood by being stuck in the house?"

"Sometimes I do, I never got to socialise with kids my age and do the stuff they got to do but then again I did grow up with the avengers as my family and I wouldn't trade them for the world" I give him a smile.

"It's always been my aunt may and me for as long I can remember, but when I became Spider-Man and Tony found me, I felt like my family had grew and there was more people who would look out for me when I needed it, some stuff I just can't tell may because she wouldn't understand but here everyone understands" he looks over at the city.