41. Pain

(Y/n) pov

I slept for days, after snapping my fingers all my energy had been ripped away. My arm was in plaster and my side still killed. Peter stayed by my side every second of everyday. My dad came and visited every day.

"Where's Nat?" I asked noticing how I haven't seen her since before the blip.

"Kid..." my dad begins, his eyes filled with heart break.

"No" a knot forms in my throat and my eyes begin to tear up.

"I'm sorry"

"No no she can't be"

"I'm so sorry, I know how close you both where, she left you a letter back at my house" he tells me.

"I don't want her to be gone" tears fall down onto one of peters hoodies I was wearing. "Please tell me she's not gone"

"I'm sorry" he keeps saying.

"What's wrong?" Peter stands in the door way holding the glass of water he had gone to fetch me.

"Peter can I talk to you" dad says and pulls peter outside my room.

I just want to see her walk back through my door and give me her stupid love advice I miss so much and will never get to hear again. She was always there whenever I needed her, but she's not here now when I need her, and she never will be.

Peter comes back into my room and instantly wraps his arms around me being careful of the bandage. "I can't believe she's gone" I cry into his neck. This hurt more than when something stabbed me.

"The ones we love are never truly gone, just out of place" he says sounding like a wise old man.

"I don't want to be in this place anymore, it don't feel right knowing she isn't here" I say and peter doesn't let his arms drop.

"Want to go stay at mine for a bit?" He suggests and I nod.

"Okay you stay there and I will get everything sorted" he kisses my forehead and grabs a suitcase from the wardrobe and begins placing the clothes I had here into it. Most of my clothes and stuff had been destroyed in the battle. My dad had told me buddy and max where safe with pepper at there house.

Once he gets everything sorted he gently wraps and arm around my side helping me up and down the stairs.

"You drive?" I ask. I didn't know Peter could drive.

"I got my license before we blipped, I was going to tell you but then we where in space and yeah" he says as he helps me into his black bmw and placing my case in the trunk.

I sit silently looking out the window at the changed world.

Peter placed his hand on my thigh as we drove to his new apartment. Him and may had to move because new people where living in there home so my dad had set them up with an apartment at the top of New York, Peter had told me the other evening.

"Here we are" he says and parks the car and helping me out. Every step I took hurt.

"Ow" the pain got worse as we made our way up the stairs.

"Okay I'm carrying you" he says and I shake my head.

"No I can walk"

"(Y/n) you are in pain, I'm going to carry you" he lifts me up and carry's me over to the elevator.

His new apartment had a larger modern door and when he opened it, it was a modern open planned. There was a big tv in front of the couch. There was a big window looking out over the city.

"Peter hey your back" May comes out of the shower in her towel and dries her hair with the other towel. "(Y/n) omg are you okay?" She obviously notices the state I'm in.

"Can (y/n) stay with us for a while?" Peter asks.

"Yes of course stay as long as you need, you're part of the family"

"Thanks" I try give her a smile.

Peter helps me into his bedroom and places me down in his bed. His new bedroom was big, he had a double bed instead of his old twin size bed, his bedsheets where grey. The walls where a plain navy blue. I could tell he hadn't stayed in here yet.

"Comfy?" He tucks me in.

"Yeah" I mumble.

"I will be back in a second" he says and kisses my forehead before closing the door leaving me alone.

I didn't like his new room, it didn't feel like it was his room, it didn't have any Star Wars posters or his light sabres hung on the walls, there weren't any Lego sets or science projects everywhere and his desk was clear and not a mess.

Why did it all have to change?

"Hi I'm back" Peter walks back into my room holding a glass of water and placing it on the bedside table. "How's your side feeling?" He asks sitting down next to me.

"Still hurts"

"Can I take a look?" He asks and I nod allowing him to lift my hoodie up and lifting up the bandage.

I wince at the pain when the bandage sticks to me. "Sorry" peter says.

"It's okay"

"It looks sore but I can tell it's healing well" he takes the old bandage off and grabbing a new one. "There you go"

"I don't like your new room" I say and he curls up next to me on the side where the bandage isn't.

"Same, it's so plain"

"You need to decorate it" I tell him and he nods in agreement before grabbing his iPad from the side.

"Wanna help me pick some stuff out?" He says and I nod. He gets Amazon up and we begin looking at posters. He adds some Star Wars posters and a cool back to the future one into his basket. He adds a few shelves and lamps.

"When will it arrive?" I ask.

"Tomorrow" he says.

"That's good, we can decorate tomorrow"

I end up sleeping the rest of the day away while Peter sat next to me reading his book and keeping a close eye on me.

- - -

The next day I remained in bed while Peter put everything up. I helped choose where he should put stuff and once it was all sorted, the room felt more like peters room. May came in and inspected and said she loved it. We ordered pizza for dinner and all sat in his room eating. I felt a lot better being here.