59. Peters birthday

"Happy birthday!" May runs the door down.

"To early" peter says pulling the blanket above our heads.

"Peter your to warm" I try shove him away but he holds me tightly.

"Oh hi (y/n)" May says and I pull the covers of my head and smile at her.

"Hey, hope it's okay I stayed the night, it was late when we got in"

"Yeah as I've said you're always welcome here"

"Thanks"

"I'm gonna let you go back to sleep" she says and closes the door.

I put my head back under the cover and face peter.

"Happy birthday" I smile.

"I'm a year older than you" he grins.

"Only for a day"

"Still" he shrugs and I laugh.

"You so beautiful" he smiles staring into my eyes. Here we go.

"Aw thanks, you ain't to bad yourself" I stick my tongue out at him.

"Rude"

He leans in and presses his soft lips against mine. It was a gentle yet passionate kiss that didn't last very long since we heard the front door open then followed by happys voice.

"We should probably get up" i say and move out of bed and put a hoodie on over my pyjamas.

I leave Peter in the bed, he did not look impressed by me getting up, I suppose I could have stayed with him longer since it is his birthday, but I'm also hungry.

"Good morning" i cheerfully said I left the door slightly open behind me.

"Morning, where's the birthday boy?" May asked.

"Being stroppy and not wanting to get out of bed" I say.

"I am not being stroppy" Peter shouts from the bedroom.

"Peter happy bought donuts!" May shouts and peters head appears from the bedroom. He never seems to have a shirt on, not complaining though. He slides his geeky maths T-shirt on and sits at the table and pats the seat for me to sit next to him.

"Happy birthday Peter" happy said passing a gift bag to him.

"Thanks happy" peter says gratefully and opens the bag to find a Lego set.

"So what do we want for breakfast?" May asks.

"Pancakes" Peter smiles happily.

"Okay" May says and begins to get the ingredients out.

"Want me to help?" I ask May and she shakes her head and tells me to sit back down.

Breakfast didn't take long to finish, especially when your boyfriend is always hungry, it's hungry work being a superhero as Peter said to me many times when he dragged me into cafes.

"What do you want to do today?" May asked him.

"Not sure, it's a nice day though" Peter says.

"There's the pool on the roof we could go hang up there for a bit" I say.

"There's a pool? How come I never knew about this"

"I didn't know about if till my dad mentioned it the other day and how did you not know about it you swing above the city"

"I thought that was the building next to us"

"No it's our building, has a little garden up there as well"