6. Dogs and hats

"Geez (y/n) you can hardly sit still" peter laughs from beside me.

"I'm just so excited"

"What about?"

"Where going to get a dog also your invited to come with us"

"Your getting a dog?"

"Yeah all the avengers agreed and when they are all out on missions and meetings the house gets pretty lonely and a dog would be nice company"

"That's nice, also you know whenever you want you can text me and I will always talk" He smiles sweetly at me.

"Thanks Pete"

"I will also always gladly swing across New York if you ever need me" he smiles.

The rest of the lesson goes by fast and soon the bell rings for us to leave. Peter texts his aunt to say he will be back late but she soon texts back saying tony had spoken to her.

We made our way out of school and towards the car. I cousin see happy sat in the front looking bored.

"Hey happy" I smile climbing in the back and sitting next to Peter. "Where's dad?" I ask noticing he wasn't here.

"He has a meeting" happy says. He's always in meetings, I shouldn't have let myself think he'd actually come, he never really does. He's always busy but that what happens when your iron man I guess.

"Oh" is all I say.

"He also said he is sorry he can't make it to come pick out the dog with you, but I will take you" happy gives me a smile.

"Thanks" I give him a smile.

"So did you have a good day?" Happy asks.

"Yeah it was good" I smile at peter. I think if he wasn't around I wouldn't have settled into school as well as I had done.

"That's good"

We soon pull up at an adoption centre and we get out the car. The lady behind the desk greets us with a smile before taking us to see the dogs.

"We have over a hundred dogs here who need rehoming" She says as we walk down towards the dogs.

I instantly here them begin to bark as we get closer. Peter walks by my side with a smile almost as big as mine on his face. Happy stayed a few steps behind talking to someone on the phone.

"Here are the dogs, tell me if you see any you like" she gives us a smile before walking back.

"Look how cute they all are" I smile at peter.

"Aww look at this one" peter points to a fluffy white dog curled up in a ball.

"How are we going to pick just one" I say.

We walk a bit further until I notice one dog who has curly golden fur and is jumping up at the glass with his tongue sticking out.