62. Clouds

The next few days passed in a blur. The first day there we spent just sleeping and chilling in bed. The rest of the days we went on walks and relaxed by the lake. Morgan had us playing tea party with her whenever he could. I had drank about a hundred cups of imaginary tea in the last few days.

"More tea" Morgan said in a British accent, she had a bright sparkly pink tea pot and pretended to pour the tea into the mini cups.

"Thank you" I smile and lift the small empty cup up to my mouth and pretend to drink the tea. "This is even nicer than the first fifty cups of tea" I smile and Morgan giggles.

"Cookies?" She pushes the plate into my face almost hitting my nose.

"Thanks" I grab one from the plate, she was allowed cookies, They where real.

"Time for lunch!" Dad shouts and Morgan sighs throwing a cookie to a squirrel.

Morgan and I walk up to the bench where there where sandwiches. Peter was already sat at the table with some work him and my dad where working on. Something to do with adding new technology Ito the suit. I got dragged away by Morgan before I could listen to what else they where talking about.

"Hi" peter smiles as I sit down next to him.

"Hey" I smile back. Morgan squishes in next to me.

"After lunch do you want to play dress up with me" Morgan said.

"Morgan you have to help mommy tidy your room after lunch" dad says and gives Peter and I a look as to say here's your chance of freedom, I had been with Morgan constantly and she's a lot.

"Can't I do that tomorrow" Morgan huffs.

"No you have to do it today" dad tells her.

"Fine"she angrily bites her sandwich while glaring at our dad.

"So how's life away from the city?" Pepper asked us as she sat down. She had been really busy with sorting stuff out at stark industries so we didn't see much off her.

"It's really quite, you can actually hear birds and the wind going through the trees" I say.

"Yeah but it's nice" Peter says and I nod in agreement, wherever I go and he's there I feel at home.

"So Peter where are you planning on going to college?" Dad asked him. Peter looks over at me unsure what to say, we still hadn't had a really discussion about that.

"Hopefully MIT, but NYU is my backup"

"I filled in your recommendation forms the other day and you can send them off"

"Thanks mr stark" peter smiles.

The table goes into an awkward silence, talking about college is fun but it's also scary knowing we could end up miles apart.

"So.." dad awkwardly says. "Lovely weather where having"

"Yes yes it's lovely, nice and warm" Peter replies.

"I do believe there is no rain forecasted for the next 2 weeks" dad said.

"That's good, soon it's gonna be September so the weather will start to worsen" Peter said. I just looked at the both of them in confusion, have we seriously ran out of things to talk about so they are talking about the weather.

"Yes so best enjoy the sun while we have it"

"Can we have ice cream?" Morgan says chasing the subject.

"You haven't finished your sandwich yet" pepper says.

"What about after?"

"Afternoon snack" pepper tells her.

"Okay"

We all soon finish dinner and I manage to escape the table before another weird conversation about the weather comes up.

"(Y/n)" Peter smiles walking behind me. I was sat dangling my legs over the deck into the cool crystal water.

"Hey Peter" I smile as he sits down and does the same.

"Hi" he wraps an arm around my shoulder and leans his face in as our lips touch.

"No kissing!" Dad shouts from the house and we both turn around to find him sat on a chair looking out over the lake.

"Shut up tony" pepper says. "They are happy leave them alone and stop being creepy by watching them and go clean the kitchen up" she orders him.

Peter and I laugh as we watch him sulk and walk into the house.

"That was entertaining to watch" I laugh.

"(Y/n) we have to talk about college" peter says seriously.

"I know"

"If I get into MIT and you get into NYU we can visit each other on the weekends since it's not far away and we can video call every day and you can text me if you ever get bored or you ever feel like you want to talk to me, but the reality of us not going to the same place scares me, but we get through college and then we've got the rest of our lives to be together" he says while I fiddle with the ring on my finger, the ring he bought me.

The thought of college made me feel nervous, time was moving incredibly fast and I feel like im not moving at the same speed. The blip just proves anything can happen and mess up the world as we know it.

Peter and I sat watching the water glisten under the sunlight as the clouds floated above us.

I lay back on the deck and just stared at the sky. The fluffy white clouds drifted on the endless blue sky.

"That one looks like a pirate ship" peter points to a cloud.

"That one looks like a dolphin" I smile pointing to the one next to it.

We stayed looking up at the sky until the sun began to set. It was nice just laying there with Peter looking at all the different shapes the clouds made.

The rest of the evening was spent playing monopoly until my eyes would barely stay open. Peter ended up carrying me into our room where we both instantly fell asleep. It was nice staying here, I was worried it would be awkward with pepper being here but it wasn't, she didn't try to be my new mom, I didn't need a mom. It had always been me and my dad. Nat was my mum, aunt and big sister figure all in one but she was gone.

The unopened bag and letter from her sat untouched on the small desk. I wasn't ready to open it yet, I needed more time.