61. Goodbyes

"All ready?" May asked as I bought my suitcase out of the bedroom and placed it next to peters. We where about to get in the car and drive to Ohio.

"Yep" peter says checking over what bags we have. We had stocked the car with snacks and drinks for the journey which should take about 8 hours. We planned to make some stops on the way. We where leaving at 4 am and stopping for breakfast somewhere.

Peter loaded the bags Into the car as well as max, who we where bringing with us. Dad had taken buddy with him a few days ago when they left of my birthday so we got to look after max again for a bit.

"Okay get to bed you too and call me when you are at breakfast, I want regular texts as well"

"Okay May we will do"

Peter and I changed into our pyjamas and climbed into bed, max was laying at the end of the bed. It was nice having him back with us, even if he wasn't a puppy anymore.

"Goodnight love" peter kissed my forehead before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into his chest.

"Night pete"

- - -

"(Y/n) it's time to go" he wakes me up but I pull the duvet over my head. "(Y/n)" he pulls the duvet down.

"Peter no" I pull the cushion over my face.

"Darling it's time to go" he softly says.

I groan and open my eyes, he was already dressed. I got out of bed and put a pair of shorts and a hoodie on. We where gonna be sat in the car for a long time so I want to wear comfy clothes.

I brush my teeth and put my hair into braids before following Peter out of the room. We put max on his leash and walked out of the apartment trying not to wake May up. She had work in a few hours.

Max jumps in the back seat of the car and lays across the leather seats. Peter sits in the drivers seat and I sit next to him. There was a blanket in the back so I grabbed that and wrapped It over means closed my eyes.

"(Y/n)" peter says tapping my shoulder. "We are here"

I open my eyes to see a McDonald's. The sun was now up and there was no city in sight.

"Food"

Peter had already gotten the food and we got max out of the car and he went and did his business while we sat eating.

Peter rang May while we sat chilling for a bit.

"Did I sleep that entire ride?"

"Yep, you looked so peaceful every time I glanced over at you"

"And how many times did you look at Me"

"I'm not gonna answer that" he smiles and I laugh.

"How long have we got left till we are there?"

"About 4 hours, we won't get there to dinner but we should be at your dads by late tonight" he tells me. Peter has everything planned out, he's so organised I'm surprised he doesn't have a sheet printed out with everything scheduled.

"Okay, wanna listen to one direction rest of the way" I smile. "I know you secretly love them Peter, I found you singing best song ever in the shower"

"Fine" he says and I get up all night up first, we are just gonna listen to every album.

Peter sings along to the lyrics with me and we end up just doing basically a carpool karaoke like on the late late show.

I see the sign for the grave yard as Peter drives up the path.