22. Stay like this forever

The tree had been put where we usually have it every year. Peter had put on Christmas music while Nat lays on the sofa humming along with the songs.

Peter put the lights around the tree and turned them on and instantly the room felt even more like Christmas.

"What you two fancying for dinner?" Nat asks and I look at the clock. It's already 7:30! How is time going by so fast?

"Not sure"

"I don't think we can order pizza since it's still snowing" she says and I look out the window to see it has doubled in depth and it's still coming down heavy.

"Haven't we got pizza in the freezer?" I ask.

"Let me go check" she rolls of sofa and goes into the kitchen. "We have pizza!" She shouts.

"Any garlic bread?"

"Yep" she puts the pizza and the garlic bread on the counter. "Are you both hungry now?"

"I'm starving" Peter says.

"Same"

"I will put it in now then"

Peter and I go back to decorating the tree and soon it was finished. Silver and white ordainments had been hung from the branches and sparkled under the Christmas lights.

"Looks good" Nat smiles admiring the tree.

"Yes it does" I smile while wrapping my arms around peters waist and stand back with him to look at our hard work. He puts his hand on my back gently drawing circles with his finger.

"Looks beautiful" I can feel peters eyes on me as he says it.

Nat heads into the kitchen leaving peter and I alone in the living room. Peters body was warm, he is like a hot water bottle.

"We did a good job" I smile facing his brown eyes.

"Yes we did" he smiles kissing the tip of my nose.

"Sorry to interrupt your moment but dinner will be done soon if you wanna find a film" Nat walks back into the room. I remove my arms from Peters waist and Instead hold his hand leading him to the sofa. "No Star Wars!" She shouts.

"What type of film do you want us to find?" I ask her.

"Any" she replies. "But not Star Wars or any film you've watched more than 3 times this year"

"Peter any suggestions?" I turn to him.

"National lampoons Christmas vacation?"

"I haven't seen that in years!" Nat says.

"We will watch that then" I find it on the tv and press play.

Max jumps on the sofa and next to Peter. I grab a blanket from the side and wrap it around me and Peter. He starts the movie while Nat gets the pizza and brings it through.

"We are most definitely snowed in" she says looking out the window.

"I should probably call May then" Peter says.

"Yep you gonna be stuck with us" I say. Im kinda excited that he is snowed in with us, now I can have him around even more.

We eat the pizza and watch the film. Nat had gone of up to bed once it ended but Peter and I weren't tired so we decided to just watch a few old episodes of friends.

I lay down with my back against his chest and he wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me in closer to him, one hand rested on my stomach while the other was on my waist. I could hear his heartbeat, I was no longer focused on the tv and only on him.

"(Y/n)?" I hear peter say.

"Yeah?"

"Can we stay like this forever" his voice sounds slow and sleepy. He was going to fall asleep any minute, I could tell.

"I'd love to" I smile and he kisses the back of my head.

And so we stay like that all night, i fell asleep with his arms wrapped tightly around me.