71. Winter is coming

As I held the envelope from NYU in my hands, I felt so many emotions.

Peter held his in his hands. I knew this wasn't his first choice but it was mine, it had been my dream to go there since first seeing it on the screens and in books.

"Okay I'm just gonna rip it open" I say tapping my foot nervously.

I rip the paper open and read the first line. I didn't know if I should cry or smile.

"I got in" I say quietly. "OMG I GOT IN" I basically screamed jumping of the chair. "Peter?" I look over at Him and could instantly tell from the look in his eyes what the letter said.

"I didn't get in due to everything going off" he said and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm sure we can call them up and sort it out, you are one of the smartest people I know so I don't understand why they care more about what's happening with This whole messed up situation over your grades and how perfect you are" I tell him as I stroke his hair. His face softened as I kissed his head. His hair smelt amazing.

"Yeah we can call them up and sort it out" dad said.

"There's still MIT" I remind him. "And if not, we all got into UCLA, it may be across the country but at least we'd all be together"

"Yeah" he says sadly.

"Speaking of MIT" my dad said and I see two letters in his hand.

"Omg they are here?" I ask getting mine and handing Peters to him. "We have to go to Ned and mj" I say and pull peter by the hand.

Ned texted the group chat telling everyone to meet at the cafe down the road.

"Come on peter" I say and he laughs.

"I haven't got my shoes on yet" he says. "And neither have you" he points out.

"Oh yeah" I quickly grab my boots and my coat and Peter puts his hand out for me to take. "Bye" I wave to my dad and May.

"Let's go let's go let's go" peter pulls me down into the elevator and kisses me.

I know how much getting into MIT means for Peter, it's been his dream since forever, he told me the first time we met that he wanted to go there.

"Omg it's our one year next week" he tells me.

"It can't be already"

"Yep crazy how fast the year has gone"

"Technically 6 years"

"That's still seems so confusing" he chuckles.

"I know right, we should be in our 20s by now"

The elevator pings open and we quickly head out and for the first time there where no paparazzi or news reporters or cameras outside.

"I'm free" Peter smiles and I laugh.

"Come on peter" we walk quickly down the street. It was cold and dark, winter is coming to quote game of thrones. The streets where full of people going out to bars and clubs, we passed a group of girls in there early 20s, they where dressed in very little clothing and where probably freezing to death.

"How are they not cold" I say out loud.

"Who?"

"The girls who passed us"

"Are you cold?"

"Yes it's freezing out here, I want it to be summer again" i say and peter laughs before wrapping his arm and pulling me closer to him.