Ch 1 Reincarnated??

"I'll see you monday, Andrew." A voice called out behind me. Looking back over my shoulder, I waved back to my coworker. "Hopefully the new boss isn't as much of bitch as I've heard," I called back, zipping up my jacket.

"You got that right, man. Be careful on the walk home. That blizzard is crazy." I heard him say as walked out the door.

Snow pelted my face as I shivered from the wind. He wasn't fucking kidding. Pulling my hood up over my head, I could hear the dull impacts of the snow dappling across my jacket, soon drowned out by the serene music of my earbuds.

My breath turned white and fluttered away, sparkling as the moisture froze and became a cloud of snow, the street lights illuminating the nighttime ambiance of the city. Through the gentle music, I could hear the rumble of engines as I neared the stoplight, the massive snowflakes whipping by the lights as a blur.

Reaching for my phone, I opened up Tapas and bought the latest chapter of The Beginning After The End, my favourite novel.

"Finally, I can read Chapter 367... goddammit it's a Seth pov," I cursed as I started reading as I crossed the snow-covered road, the light having turned green for me to cross the road.

Years of using the same path had ingrained it into my head and now I didn't even need to see where I was stepping. That was my mistake. I barely registered the under crack and the honk of a car before the air was driven out of my lungs as something slammed into my side. I barely felt it when my airborne body impacted the ground.

Faint shadowy figures crowded around me. I could see their mouths moving but couldn't hear a thing, my skull throbbing as my ears rang. I felt warm, as a burning heat spread all over my body.

My lungs and face burned as I gasped for air. I felt no pain but when I raised my arm it never came up. I only heard the sound of screams as I saw the stump of my arm gushing blood.

My vision darkened as I felt my bones chilling and everything growing cold and numb. So this is where I die huh... Well not like I had much going for me anyways. 16 years old, orphaned with no car, living in my dead parents' home, and struggling to pay the bills.

When I opened my eyes again, I expected to be in some sort of hospital, my surroundings were white, everything was white until I saw a splash of colour, two hazy glowing dots.

Then my surroundings came into focus. This place could be considered hell. If hell was frozen over that is. Pure white ice made up the surroundings, ice as far as the eye could see. On one side of me was a cliff, translucent blue ice acting as the ledge.

"Where the hell am I!?"

"You're dead." A dignified and apathetic voice echoed behind me, sending a chill up my spine.

I snapped around to see a young man no more than twenty-five years old. He had sharp features with short white hair and upturned royal blue eyes that shined like sapphires. The white robes that draped over him had teal accents and faded to a deep blue at the bottom.

But those hazy glowing dots I saw before, those were his eyes.

He sat atop a throne of crystalline ice, its sharp geometric angles made it look regal enough to be a king- no an emperor's throne. Slowly, he stood up with grace, an aura of power and a cruel elegance.

My body was screaming at me to bow, and before I knew it, I was bowing to him, my head held low. I felt terror grasp at the depths of my soul. Is this how Arthur felt when he met Kezess Indrath?

My life already didn't amount to much and he said I was already dead, What the fuck do I have left to lose? I felt myself swallow as I gathered what little composure I had left.