Ch 64 Eternal Karma

LUCAS WYKES' POV:

The professors struggling to stand back up-the very mages that I strove to become-it was clear to me that their lives were in my hands. With my newfound powers, these so-called "elites" were now nothing more than ants to me.

Enhanced cognitive processing capabilities for higher levels of spell casting.

A nearly unlimited pool of mana for me to access and utilize.

Heightened reflexes along with strengthened physical prowess and dexterity.

Even gaining a deviancy in lightning.

The elixir that Draneeve had given me really fulfilled its purpose. Just like he had promised, it truly brought forth my full potential.

It was obvious since early on that I was a gifted mage. However, being outshined by my older brother, Bairon, my accomplishments were never able to satisfy my family's expectations. I had lived my childhood chasing after his insurmountable shadow, but no longer; I felt like I had finally surpassed him.

Easily wiping out the distinguished professors of this academy, it felt like I had actually transcended the realm of mortals, incomparable to even the highest of human, elven, and dwarven mages.

My gaze shifted from Claire to the White dragon wrapped around her. I had read in a book that the dragon race had already gone extinct from being hunted down. I would normally be more taken aback, but at this point, compared to the terrifying intensity emanating from the man floating in the storm cloud, this dragon looked no more threatening than an overgrown common lizard.

... so why was I feeling this way?

This feeling of an icy claw gripping my innards, slowly twisting, slow freezing my insides.

The palpable pressure in the air seemed to make the force of gravity in the vicinity stronger as The storm cloud approached.

Beads of cold sweat began forming, drenching my clothes, as I unknowingly took a step back.

Was I afraid?

That was impossible.

With my newfound powers, I was invincible. I was all-powerful. I was perfect.

"LUCAS!" The Scream exploded from the Clouds Shattering the windows and Cracking the foundations of the building. The atmosphere was deathly silent, as even the senseless mana beasts that Draneeve had been controlling instinctively knew to prostrate in submission.

How, how could a mere sound magic shout cause this much damage to the area when he was so far up in the sky?!

"GET BACK!" The dragon's warbled voice shouted pulling back everyone nearby forcibly.

The clouds shrunk into one point before a Streak of white lightning slammed onto the ground with a deafening crash. I winced back from the shockwave that nearly threw me back.

The ground was covered in frost With alexander at the middle Arcing with lightning.

"You- You Bastard!! This isn't true! You're A Lowly Commoner! You Have No Right To Be A Tri-elemental!!" I Spat, Not Even The Royal family or any Nobles had been a Tri-elemental In the last century!! Yet This Common Dog was One, Bullshit!

Unaffected by my taunts, he wordlessly made his way towards me.

Some of the students had already defeated Draneeve's minions, only a few mana beasts remained on my side. However, they were petrified in fear; whether that was due to Alexander or the dragon, I would never know.