Ch 43 The D.C Triple Threat

Without a word I brought up a sound barrier and covered the windows.

"Goodsky? So she Is the former spy." Elijah asked dead seriously.

"Yes she is, but she has a curse so she can't reveal any information," I said Just as serious.

"I told you to call me 'Cynthia.'" She pouted as she almost floated past Elijah and took a seat on the couch, the door closing on its own.

"Cynthia, what happened to the target?" I asked

"Avier disposed of him."

"great that's one less problem to deal with, And the extra security should be when you leave to go deal with a group of spies and it should take like a day or so to finish."

Cynthia gave me a firm nod then looked back at our bonds.

"My...your bonds have changed a lot in appearance since the last time we met. Intriguing." Cynthia tried to hold Sylvie, who was curled on the couch, but she hopped out of her reach and nestled herself on top of Art's head.

"Haha, as shy as before, I see." She gave Sylvie one last studying look before turning her gaze to Arthur. "Hmmm...how peculiar. I seem to only sense wind and earth attribute mana inside of you. Are you, by chance, using a seal?" She tilted her head to the side.

Art lifted his left arm to reveal a bracelet with two charms dangling on it to answer her question.

"Can't say I'm not disappointed. I was hoping to go around flaunting you as my little protégé but I guess even a dual elemental augmenter is rare enough to do so." She let out a soft chuckle.

"I can help you with wind mana but not with earth, I don't know how to deal with that so get Elijah to help with that," I added on.

"Elijah that sounds ok to you?"

"yea it's fine, I was planning to teach it to you anyways."

"I was planning on paying a visit to your office to update you on some things but it saves me the trouble with you coming here, I guess. I've probably made an enemy from a not-so-friendly family while I was an adventurer so I don't want to give him any reasons to suspect me, at least not right now." Art leaned back in his chair, studying the two charms attached to his bracelet.

"Yes, I've read the reports on the case between Adventurer Note, and Adventurer Lucas Wykes. Quite a troublesome foe you've managed to procure. Since they are a military house, I do have a certain amount of authority over his family, but they have too many hidden workings that continue to elude us." Director Cynthia rubbed her chin, trying to think of a solution.

"It's fine. I don't consider that an urgent matter. He's just a chore I'll have to get around to finishing some day. If I do something rash now and it blows back to my friends and family, that's when it will be a problem. I would actually like your help with another matter." Art put his elbows on his knees as we leaned forward towards Director Cynthia.

"Please speak," she kindly replied.

"I want to take higher-level mana theory classes, especially those on deviants," art stated simply.

"Hmm... That wouldn't be too difficult to do, but Arthur, wasn't one of your main reasons for attending this academy to fit in with your peers?" She eyed him in a scrutinizing manner.

"I don't mind taking these extra classes on top of my normal ones, where I would be with students my age. I'm just impatient to learn a bit more about deviant mana manipulation since I've hit a ceiling on that recently." art almost blurted out.

"I wish to take a few upper-level classes as well, mostly those on battle tactics and mage combat. And if possible be given permission to help instruct and train the other students there.