Ch 93 The Fallen

PSA GORE WARNING THERE IS SOME PRETTY VILE SHIT HERE SO DON'T COME TO ME BITCHING ABOUT IT

sullivan Snowcrest pov:

"Sir are you sure that there are even Alacryan's down here?" My voice rang out in the sound barrier our leader Alexander Shard had conjured. Everyone in his unit was either water or wind mages that had heard of his exploits and joined him, even some elves including our Captin Feyrith Ivysaar had opted to follow him instead of the elven princess.

"yes, The tunnels aren't natural and my senses are extremely sharp when it comes to detecting magic it's faint but they were here at some point I'd say within the last 3 days," he answered me with his long hair flowing behind his silver armour and grey cloak. oddly enough we noticed that his Armor changed its appearance to whatever he needed even though he said it was the same armour he wore at the announcement of his status as Paladin.

we continued down the tunnels tracing the faint trail of mana we all remained on edge but the second one of us let down our guard a chill ran up our spines from a glace of the Paladin in front of us. well, that on top of the unsettling feeling of there being no echo in this bubble of sound magic no matter how loud we were.

the general's control over sound magic had always amazed me, being able to use illusions on a mass scale affecting all of us just so he could make our training targets more accurate in that weird orb he used to train us in a short timeframe.

The barrier seemed to be one-directional in the way that it blocked sounds we made from exiting but allowed sound from outside to enter, It wasn't the most advanced spell according to the few sound mages we had with us but its purpose was perfect for infiltration missions like the one we were on.

Suddenly an extra rhythmic clacking of heels echoed from ahead of us close enough to be in our sight but they weren't visible and the General hadn't noticed them from anything other than the sound.

Looking closer to the area in front of us I could faintly make out a forked side of the tunnel as the sound of 2 soldiers approached, Everyone drew their weapons my two daggers sailed out of my sheaths with a metallic ring humming from them.

"That Elf sure was loud." one of the men bellowed gruffly.

"Alister I know we like having our fun, but did you have to break her? Vritra's horns she would have sold for a lot in Vechor." the other sighed at the loss of profit.

The head Paladin's arm shot out to the side blocking the Captain who had drawing his wand and had two water bubbling from his feet barely restrained from flooding the tunnel.

"Feyrith, Stay calm. Take three men and take them out, I'll cover you in case they're stronger than expected." His voice dripped with malice as he let his arm down, Captain Feyrith turned to me and nodded at me and two other soldiers one of which being a Sound mage followed up with him.

We stuck close to the side of the jagged cave wall with deafened footfalls courtesy of Tucker one of the 7 or so sound mages including the Head Paladin.

A large brute of a man wearing Black and red robes rounded the corner with a smaller more scrawny man with thick glasses at his side, their faces upon seeing us contorted into shock and surprise as they both ripped off a bracelet at their wrists and the second it came off Their mana signatures flared.

The scrawnier man's hands raised glowing as he slammed a hand onto the brute named Alister making him glow a dull sheen of white, he stepped forward thrusting his first at my sternum.

My training kicked and my muscle memory acted seemingly on its own, I pivoted on my heel narrowly dodging his fist I sidestepped under his arm bringing me in front of him.