CH 75 New Form

"So it's true." I turned my head to see Myre leaning against the entryway. "You truly have inherited Storm soul... Yet It's different." The asura's voice was both solemn and sentimental as it trailed off.

"Yes, I had two beast wills but they seem to have fused?" I echoed as she approached me with slow steps.

"Two Wills? What was the other?" She tilted her head, which wasn't unexpected because nothing like this ever happened.

"The other was a will from a Vritra blooded Alacryan That I killed before I met Windsom. it gave me a boost to my mana constructs durability, A physical strength boost that wasn't as potent as Storm soul but was nothing to scoff at. And to manipulate spikes made of shadows."

"Interesting, So you mean to say you wield two kinds of the Vritra Clan's mana arts?" she quizzed me looking over where my runes had been.

"Three actually, I also possess the poison magic they have. Also, I assume the Hydra's Will should enhance it as well as some other aspects." I clarified.

"Yes that does seem like the case, The Hydra's we have here in Epheotus are much stronger than in Dicathen; Their regeneration and poison is much more potent, My dear.

"Also it seems the Relation between Stormsoul and Realmheart is beginning to show, My Dear."

"hmmm, what do you mean by that?" I narrowed my eyes in a questioning way.

"as opposed to the normal Blue your Iris becomes from storm soul, Your eyes were a mixture of Blue and Purple; the white of your eyes had become black as well." She listed the changes from the fusion of my wills.

"Tell me, Child, were you able to see them?" the asura pressed as her eyes stayed glued to the faint markings which continued to fade from my arms.

Myre reached out and tenderly ran her fingers along with the runes. "I cant see fire and earth mana, But I can see Poison and Soulfire mana and Aether," I replied, snapping her out of her daze.

"The Storm soul Is a variation of the Indrath's Realmheart witch Arthur Leywin does possess from my Daughter." Myre voiced with a hint of sadness which she tried to hide. "Storm soul was named as such because It grants the possessor's soul an attunement to an aspect of a storm, For some its the ferocity, others the erratic and fickle nature, and others the calm and gentle aspect. Due to its existence being brought about by subtle alterations over millennia of Realm heart users it's lost some of its original aspects while others became rarer." Myre enlightened me with knowledge Bahamut probably didn't have the time or thought unneeded to hand to me, That or I haven't unlocked it yet.

"Your only telling me this to preserve the Storm clans Mana Art's and history am I correct?" I asked the asura.

"Mmm, we asuras stay secretive and greedy, the Indrath Clan particularly so. While some looked down on the Storm Clan, seeing them as lesser than the Indrath. The power and Scale of their mana arts were always admired and sought after." Myre chuckled for a bit then gave me an inquisitive look. "I won't say that I'm different from all of them, but I've lived long enough and experienced far too much to care about such frivolousness. If you'll be content with an old lady like me, I'll be happy to teach you a thing or two."

I immediately bobbed my head in consent before she could change her mind.

"Good! Now... practical lessons won't be possible in your current state, but I think a more theoretical approach might be good either way," Myre answered, tapping her chin with a finger.

Myre explained to me the fundamentals of mana itself and how it affected the world, or what she referred to as "the physical realm." Much of what she went over was something I had already known to an almost even degree as herself. However, the way she strung her words together and explained everything in such an easily digestible manner, Although my more complex knowledge on water, wind, lightning and storm magic obviously far outstripped her own the explanations helped me understand aspects of fire and earth mana particularly better while it gave me slightly more insight into some common aspects of Water and wind I hadn't expected.