Ch 128 Fury

A/N shorter chapter but I will have another one out on Saturday or Sunday depends on how much I have to study for my math final

also we have a new cover for my fic made by SungDripsWoo

Seris Vritra pov:

I landed deftly on the ground near the ruins of the shattered wall, its fragments scattered from the ravaged and scored earth from the battle between Arthur and Dragoth. Scanning the battlefield I spotted him in an instant, his hand falling to his side from the Severed dragon's wing it rested on.

The air stiffened like mud in my lungs stifling the slightest of movements. Every hair on my body stood on end with tiny bolts of crimson lightning arching off them and across my battle robes like a wave of fire.

The sky itself lifted Alexander into the air as if it was his rightful throne, his body burned in a blinding white glow, Mana boiled from his body in a tidal wave akin to the world eater technique of the pantheons.

But before I had even sensed the maelstrom of Storms seething from him like an all-consuming miasma I felt my knees slam into the ground. then I felt it. This oppressive bloodlust was more terrifying than anything I had felt from any of the Vritra clan's Warriors.

This was Primal. Endless. Rage.

I nearly emptied my entire mana core just to look up at him, no. This wasn't just a man, he was a monster.

His sheer size blotted out the sun above us. Jagged and fierce snow white scales hid the jet black scales spreading out like runes, Jagged spines and scales on his tail. Horns of ice and obsidian horns curled around the seven heads' mouths aflame with spellfire.

With the beat of his four wings rubble and mages were thrown from the ground being scattered in an instant. A deafening howl tore out his mouth like thunder, rumbling the ground below all of us.

The clouds arced with torrents of crimson thunder spreading like shattered glass, The all the bolts converged on one spot. Gathering like in a maelstrom of storm more akin to fire than lightning.

"Storm gate," all seven heads seethed at once, the storm ripped open space revealing the western coast of Alacrya. Vechor, the same place Dragoth was the Scythe of and the location where most of our ships for the war were made.

Pushing through every fibre of my being telling me to run far, as far as I possibly could I flew through the portal right after he vanished into it. Below us stood the capital city of vechor along with the shipbuilding yards.

He swooped in like a blur of white. Tendrils of crimson mana writhed like holy flames from his scales as he continued to descend like a comet.

When he neared the city the crimson flames caused the trees to combust, burning them to ash in seconds. The fire quickly spread, racing around the perimeter of the city so that it was ringed by fire.