Ch 101 Cecilia

Maeve Branwen Pov:

The fire cracked in the middle of our group with only a few Tripwire left to set, Toland was reading over his creepy-ass book that seemed to look more unsettling by the day, he kept murmuring things looking like a crazed old man so I ignored him.

Sulivan was looking over the map trying to plot the path we would go in next to avoid the Tripwires set by the other groups. and Noah... he was drunk and Slurring his speech.

"Noah I don't think 16-year-olds are allowed to be that drunk." Sully sighed in a refined tone somehow.

"Shuddup! if I'm fighting in a war I can ve as Drunk as I wanna-" Noah's drunken speech was cut out by a vine slapping him across the face.

"You're interrupting my studies." His voice was a whisper but everyone remained in an awkward Silence till he walked off into the woods saying he was going to find a quiet spot and be back in the morning.

Noah started playing with a golden locket on his neck that he usually kept hidden, tears forming in his eyes when he looked at the picture inside.

"Who's the picture of?" Sully asked as I was about to perch myself in a tree.

"Girlfriend... Fuuck I miss her so much." sighed showing us the picture, It was an Elven girl around his age she was a beautiful young girl with long blond hair and dirty blond hair, And from the camera angle, I could see her rather large breasts. like breast Size matters anyway, they would just get in the way of my Scythe.

"she is pretty cute, Dead or haven't seen her in while?" Sulivan spoke in a tone most nobles wouldn't.

"Maeve before you say something about how I talk you know I'm not trying to be like those cold bastards in my family."

"Fine..." I sighed missing the chance to tease our team leader.

"Haven't seen her in a while." he reminisced as a Smile crept up his face

---------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with an unsettling feeling in the morning sun, Nothing seemed out of place but I just had a gut feeling.

"Where's Toland?" Sulvian asked feeling something was off as well.

"I don't think he came back last night," Noah questioned pulling his Spear from the ground next to him.

I signalled them to be quiet as I enhanced my ears with sound magic to the limit. The only sounds I could hear were the rustling of leaves and the occasional howl of the wind. but that was it

The forest was silent, with no sounds from any wildlife, no birds chirping, no twigs snapping from the animals, there was no sound at all.

It felt wrong like the forest had run away from something, then it happened.

The faint cracks and booms from the tripwires farther out in the forest.

the sounds rapidly got louder, not echoes but more being set off as they rushed towards us.

"WE GOT COMPANY!!" I yelled lowering the augmentation on my ears. We all readied spells and took up varying positions in the trees our eyes darting from tree to tree as the tripwires were being set off extremely fast like a ballista had fired a normal arrow and hit every wire.

"Aren't you a cute boy? Could it be that you're lost?"

we flinched from the unfamiliar voice that echoed in the trees, nearly falling off the branch I was perched on. Whipping my head left and right, I tried to locate the source of the sound, Noah had stabbed his spear into the tree sensing something was wrong.