Ch 104 Frostborn's Never Die

Arthur Leywin pov:

My body was enveloped in a warm soothing sensation, the only thing this could be compared to was a mother's embrace. Letting my exhaustion take me I let the scarily soothing feeling consume me as I fell back Into a deep slumber.

"A-a-a- Arthur y-you Dummy!!" A familiar voice chimed in making my eyes slowly open. Through my bleary eyes, I could vaguely make out Tess's gunmetal grey hair and teal eyes looking down at me contrasting her beet-red face.

"Kyu~ Kyu~" Sylvie chimed in jolting me fully awake and making me realize with a wave of embarrassment that I was sleeping on Tessia's lap, I could feel my face turning red as I realized I was in my room in the Typhon compared to the command tent I was used too.

"Wha-! Wasn't I-?"

"You fell unconscious after a Siren attacked you after you killed the Dungeon boss," Sylvie Answered verbally which Tess was still getting used to.

After we had fought through A swarm of mana beasts controlled by Alacryans, had broken through the gated room and attacked us while we were still exhausted. Once I Killed the thing another S-Class mana beast Called a Siren had Ambushed me from a cave that was hidden from my sight.

The glimpse I got of it before I fell unconscious was more Scaled monster than even vaguely humanoid. But one thing was for certain Its sound magic was nothing to be scoffed at, It shattered My armour with that blast it hit me with.

Tess's smile was a contorted mix of embarrassment and happiness making me remember That I was Still lying on her lap. I quickly rolled off them and looked away in embarrassment.

"S-sorry for doing that without permission" I stammered out as I recomposed myself.

"No no no It's my fault for putting you there!" Tess flailed her hands around in the air before we both paused realizing what she just said.

"..."

"..."

"I'M SORRY I WASN'T THINKING STRAIGHT AND-!"

"I Didn't say I didn't like it..." I cut Tess off before realizing I spoke without thinking.

"Kyuuuu~" Sylvie chuckled like Al before we both threw a pillow at her.

----------------------

There was the rhythmic clack of Tessia's and my boots as we walked through the halls of the Typhon, I felt more Tired than when I had woken up on Tessia's lap. I don't know if that was just how she was or if it was what Aya taught her but Tess in bed was more voracious than God Step was on my mana reserves.

'Looks like I might have a sibling soon' Sylvie Kyu'ed before I used a sound barrier to keep her quiet.

"Hmm? Why are you so red? were you thinking of me~" Tess grinned slyly as her face practically glowed but that look in her eye made it seem eerily like Aya to a degree I rather not elaborate on.

"The scratches on my back reminded me more than enough Tess..." I sighed too tired to even try to go another round.

We entered the Castle infirmary to see a few of my Troops called the Spearhead battalion lying on the gurneys and a few other troops from Al's Elijah's and Tess's units.

A gruff growl made me look to my side to see one of my troops lying on the bed. "How's the throat, Donovan?"

He rolled his eyes and grunted at me flipping me off with a smirk.

"Eh, you'll be fine." I waved him off completely disregarding the massive gash across his hulking muscled body that rivalled Durden. Donovan was a Brute with a sense of humour despite him being mute. His "speech" was just changing the pitch of whatever grunt or growl he made, But he did space them out similarly to words so you could vaguely tell what he meant but his body language said the rest.