Ch 47 Combat Start

My body couldn't help but burn up in suppressed anger at the thought of being in the same class as that half-breed bitch Lucas, being in a team-fighting class. I knew he would be here but it still pisses me off.

Our eyes met but he looked at me apathetically, like I was an insect on the ground. I reciprocated the look but added with the bloodlust I had been making stronger over time, I could see his knees buckling and his skin flush as his eyes widened in fear.

"Good! Everyone's here!" a loud voice boomed over the field. As all of the students started turning their heads to locate where the voice had come from, I looked straight up to see a massive hawk-like mana beast hovering over the field.

This beast was at least 4 meters long and its wingspan was well over 8 meters. With its sharp talons tucked underneath it, the beast slowly made its descent, revealing a well-toned woman with a giant sword strapped to her back, standing up on the back of the hawk.

"Welcome! My name is Professor Glory, and I will be the one teaching all of you brats! This Flare Hawk is Torch, my precious bond."

The first thing I did was measure the stage our professor's mana core was at, upon trying to inspect her level it was a bit of a struggle but I managed to see she was at light yellow the same as me, being at Light yellow, I saw Arthur rubbing his head as he looked at her. Seems like she blocked his attempt to check her core.

Professor Glory whipped her gaze at me and then Arthur. Giving me a confident smile. Hopping off of her Flare Hawk, she made her way around the group of students in her class. Studying each of the students she passed, she took a closer look at some of them before making her way towards me and Arthur who were standing near each other.

It wasn't unusual for mages to build defenses around their core stages, especially the higher-level ones. It was also a lot more difficult to hide which element they used since the mana particles of their element naturally surrounded them. Most don't find the need to hide their elemental attribute so it wasn't a big deal even if they couldn't, but needless to say, it was surprising to see how strong Professor Glory's defenses were.

But mine remained firm, As the Blue shell, I had on my core Perfectly disguised my core to people on the same level, Including elemental affinity's. I had it sent to look like a dark yellow if they could manage to see it in the first place.

"I have to say, you guys have set the bar pretty high for all of the other classes," she announced after inspecting Lucas. She took quite a bit longer to inspect the disciplinary committee and the student council members, nodding every once in a while.

"Well if it isn't my newest colleagues, Arthur Leywin and Alexander Shard. It's a pleasure to meet you two," Professor Glory gave us a playful grin as if she was itching to tease me.

The students started murmuring amongst the group in confusion.

One of the male upperclassmen raised his hand. "Professor Glory, what do you mean by colleagues?"

"Ah! Most of you probably saw them at the commencement this morning but these two are freshman disciplinary committee officers. real prodigies if I do say so myself. Arthur is a newly appointed professor for the Practical Mana Manipulation class that you guys all took during your underclassman years. And Alexander Is an assistant professor for this class." She gave us a firm pat on the back.

"WHAT?!!"

"You can't be serious, Professor!"

"If those brats are professors then I'm the king of this continent!"

"What has this academy turned into, to accept freshmen as professors?"

"How is that even possible? Even the best upperclassmen these days don't get picked to be professors, but those first years did?"