Ch 30 Dire tombs I

A/N I WROTE THIS ON MY PHONE SO APOLOGIES FOR ANY GRAMMER MISTAKES

Alexander Shard pov

Stepping into the dungeon, as we descended gradual slope into the dungeon I saw everyone else augment themselves or put on a warmer clothes, As I was resistant to cold I didn't feel any different if anything Id rather take of my coat as my shirt was thick enough for me. I stood adjacent to Brald and next to Art, who had Was using his spare short sword and had dawns ballad in his dimension ring, knowing the upcoming problems with Lucas likely placing a restraining order on us; I had both my swords in my dimension ring and had pre-casted a Ice katana exactly like Tempestarii in weight, size, And balance, But of course I couldn't replicate its sharpness sadly.

"We're approaching the first level of the dungeon, stay on guard. The mana beasts here aren't strong, but there'll be a lot of them. Don't waste your time trying to collect the mana cores from the beasts...they don't have one," Brald declared, lowering his stance.

I heard a faint muttering from Oliver, our healer, who was already beginning to complain about the lack of rewards from this dungeon. not that he would get any as he was likely to die here.

Suddenly, a steady growl filled the dungeon hall, nobody else had heard them except for me as I had been enhancing my hearing with sound magic.

"there coming from up ahead, Ill thin them out a bit." I said as my voice caused the air to quake, bending to my will.

two dozen mana beasts that looked like large bats, except with four limbs replacing what normally would've been wings. The hollow body of the bat-like mana beasts had their ribs fully visible and inside it, where the beast core should've been, was a cracked rock.

"Batrunners! They're not strong but they attack in groups. Minimizing the use of our mana is going to be the key inside this dungeon! Get ready!" Brald roared over the growling of the batrunners, all of whom were positioned to pounce, their patches of fur standing on end and their teeth bared.

"Form and torment the foes around! Fire Cyclone!" I heard a yell from behind me and I realized it was Lucas who had casted the spell.

Suddenly, four twisters of fire swirled to life around us, filling the cavern with a wave of heat.

I forced the air around the fire cyclones to rush away from them causing Lucas's spell to dissipate forcefully.

"What!?" Lucas yelled in confusion.

"Limited air in here, you don't listen to orders, and your mana pool is too small, its better used elsewhere." I said launching a tidal wave of razor sharp wind blades and tornadoes at the batrunners.

Many of the batrunners had been Sliced to pieces and the rest were being flung around at each other shattering on contact. The ones that were fortunate enough to escape the tornadoes had fled, trying to circle around and attack us.

"Lucas next time, follow orders and don't waste mana like that both of your spells were overkill," Brald growled over his shoulder before marching ahead.

Lucas just rolled his eyes, "I don't see the problem. I intended to kill them fast enough so that everyone else could save their mana."

"Barald, with all due respect as our team leader, My wind spell and canceling Lucas spell only took 5 percent of my mana pool which can be recovered in about 20 seconds if i mediate." I said respectfully, The entire party with except for Art and Jasmine had been utterly shocked at my reserves and absorption rate.

Shaking his head, Brald ushered us forward to the other end of the cave. As we continued forward to the location of the next room, the rather sickening sound of bones crunching and flesh gurgling made us all turn our heads back.