Ch 39 Nico

"Dad wake the hell up!!"

"Oof!" I groaned, the wind forcefully expelled out of my lungs as Zeph just body slammed me.

Rubbing my sore sternum, I groaned out, "Zeph, That hurt like hell."

"Are you calling me fat, Dad?" Zeph feigned a gasp.

"Your chunkier than a can of refried beans," I added, tossing him off of me, I had noticed that Zeph had started using some slang and getting jokes from my past life so might as well crack these jokes in private.

This little rascal of a child.

After quickly washing my face and fixing my hair to a barely-presentable degree, and tying back my rustled hair from all the wind magic I had taught Claire yesterday.

'I wonder what's for breakfast. I hope it's meeeaaat,' Zeph pondered excitedly, his head bobbing on my shoulder with each step, Zeph had gotten a lot heavier over time so now he has to wrap his tail around my torso to keep himself balanced on me.

"Good morning, you five! You guys are just in time," Alice called out to us from the kitchen as the maids were preparing the table. Even though there were cooks in the manor, Alice found it imperative to at least prepare breakfast for us. So, as Tabitha helped her with the meal, the maids set the table and cleaned up afterward.

After I came back, my family, as well as Vincent and Tabitha, both noticed the apparent change in the appearance of Zeph's size, I tried playing it off as him naturally transforming after digesting a lot of beast cores, but I had the sense that my parents and the Helsteas knew Zeph wasn't just your average mana beast; hell, I'd sometimes catch them talking to him like he was a human.

"Good morning, boys-and good morning, my little princess. Did you guys sleep well?" Rey who was talking to Vincent, turned to us, giving the struggling Ellie a bearded kiss on her cheek.

"Ew, Dad! That tickles!" She pushed him away, wiping the spot she was kissed.

"Did you guys sleep well?" Vincent asked, half-smirking as he watched Rey dote on Ellie.

"Morning guys," I said lazily sitting down at the table, I had noticed that Elijah wasn't here so I wondered if He was still asleep or dead, I looked at Arthur with a serious look on my face and he got what I meant by that.

The colors of the world were inverted and the markings of Arts beast will appeared under his eyes. I activated Storm soul in my eyes and looked carefully at the aether which had stopped moving entirely like you pressed pause on a movie, my reason for observing the Aether was to try and learn to stop time.

"Is he dead, asleep, or what?" I asked Arthur dead serious.

"I drugged him and stored him in back in the dire tombs in the metal bunker he made, because there is still no mana left there he shouldn't be able to cast magic, we should deal with him later."

"Agreed."

and with that, we moved back into the positions we were in when he stopped time and he deactivated static void.

I got back to eating, Rey suddenly spoke up with a mouth full of eggs. "That reminds me. Kids, if you don't have any plans, do you want to go with us to City Square? There's a big announcement in the Capital City of Etistin where the King and Queen reside but a couple of artificers are going to put up a live projection of the broadcast in City Square."

"Honey, please don't talk with your mouth full," Alice scolded before getting back to her conversation with Tabitha regarding the latest rumors on some mutual acquaintances.

"Also where is Elijah?" Alice asked

Me and Arthur froze for a split second before Arts quick thinking saved us.