Ch 124 Looking Glass

Claire Bladeheart Pov:

"Ava! Take your bond and break their formation. Maeve and Hunter take your units and Flank them!" I bellowed across the battlefield letting loose bullets of lighting shattering the shields the alacryans used.

Ava mounted her Nightmare Raven bond flying low and fast, weaving between the trees the aura her Midnight black raven bond gave off as she stood on his back made them look like a black mist.

Fireballs rained down from her hands, The alacryan battle groups at the front line scattered being tossed awry by the blasts. Feyrith doused the flames with a tidal wave washing away the dead bodies as pannels of mana joined into a wall diverting his spell.

Hunter silently stalked through the trees letting loose a barrage of arrows drawing the attention of the shields as they blocked his arrows, But right, as they did Maeve's scythe, ripped them limb from limb disappearing right as they attacked her.

"Push the offensive! they're defenceless!" I shouted as Al's unit moved effortlessly through the forest mists. boxing the Alacyrans inside a kill zone and ripping apart their battle groups.

But they managed to break through the Killzone the Frostborns made, just as Alexander trained Them they pulled our wounded soldiers out of the battle as they retreated from the losing battle.

Some elves stayed behind gathering prisoners as the rest of us gave chase following Me and Tessia at the forefront. we burst into a wide clearing in the forest as we reached the coast near Asyphin city.

They stood at the center of a large island off the coast with no mist surrounding them as they readied themselves for a final stand, Spells poised they let loose a barrage of spells just as I conjured a wall of Golden fire burning away their spells.

A bolt Broke through my fire and Struck my shoulder, my spell wavered abruptly as I winced in pain. Activating my First stage golden fire Bloomed on my wound healing it soon after.

But not a single spell came after that. Dropping my barrier I looked around to see all the Alacryans frozen in their tracks and our mages as well, Tessia fell to her knees shivering with terror etched into her eyes. I looked around looking for whoever was causing this level of terror. A retainer? no they couldn't do this to everyone, A scythe? no I didn't feel their presence.

"EVERYONE RUN THE GENERAL IS BACK AND HE'S PISSED!" Maeve screamed more concerned for our troop's lives than her own. Nobody moved, they were crushed under a flood of Bloodlust I couldn't feel.

A singular footstep echoed like thunder, and then a second. I turned to see the space ripped open and a man shrouded in a torrent of crimson thunder that matched his eyes.

Alexander let out a throaty breath as he flew into the air, his face turned into a cold-hearted glare. He wasn't just mad he was enraged.

All the ambient mana vanished without a trace as if it never existed in the first place. Dark clouds gathered overhead, booming as they collided. It would be inaccurate to call it a spell, it was more like a natural disaster.

The sky was dyed in a bleeding crimson, the crimson lighting flowed like a whispy stream and not the crackling current it normally did; converging on a single point it churned malevolently into a flood of scarlet thunder.

Burning crimson the sky raged with the roar of the mana itself melting under the heat of the spell with each passing moment. the maelstrom of crimson lighting collapsed in on itself folding into the size of his fist.

I could swear I saw something descending on the island, Then everything went red in a deafening blast. When I could finally open my eyes, they felt sore like I stared into the sun.