Ch 27 Examination

"Zephyr how many times am I going to have to drag you out of the shower?"

"Every time dad." Zeph replied mentally, To which I augmented myself a small bit and dragged zeph out of the shower by force.

my Adventuring attire was a simple t-shirt and pants with the nightmare fox robe it was slightly different than Arthurs as the sleeves were tighter and had leather vambraces built into them.

I put on my dimension ring, packing the mask along with a few other necessities into my bag. I strapped both Tempestarii to my waist making me feel like a real adventurer before walking out.

"Trust in Jasmine when things get rough. She may be the youngest but don't doubt her strength and experience as an adventurer," Rey advised me and Arthur who was already wearing his mask as he pulled us into a bear hug before we left.

"Why are Brother Cousin leaving? No! Stay here!" Eleanor was now struck with realization that we wouldn't be home for a while. She was clutching Art's waist and refused to let go as she used the weight of her body to anchor him down.

"Honey, your brother will be back, okay?" Alice attempted to console her.

"Nonononono! Stay!" she demanded. She had refused to listen to excuses and began shouting with tear-filled eyes.

Kneeling down, me and Arthur wrapped Ellie in our arms as he patted her back, although Ellie wasn't my sister I dam well treated her as my own blood.

"I know you're a big girl now. Can you protect Mom and Dad while I'm gone for a bit, Ellie?" Arthur asked her

"UUuuu...hic...I can protect them..." she replied in a muffled voice, burying her head into Arts shoulder.

"Atta girl. Your big brother and me are going to be gone for a little bit but we'll be back. I feel a lot better that we have someone strong like you is here to protect the house."

"Yes!" she seconded eagerly, her eyes filled with a newfound determination.

Patting her head, I gave Alice, Rey, and the rest of the Twin Horns one last hug.

"We'll miss you. Don't forget to keep the ring on your finger, okay?" Alice squeezed us tightly and reminded Art.

"Stay safe and know your limits, Arthur, Al. watch out for each other and keep the other safe." Rey placed a hand on our shoulders and stared at us, waiting for a response.

We both nodded firmly, As art walked towards the door I leaned in to Reys ear.

"the spell bead I gave him containing "Niflheim" is enough to kill a swarm of B class mana beasts and Slow A class mana beasts so we can escape from just about anything even if I'm incapacitated."

With that his eyes were a mix of shock and thankfulness, he pat my back and lightly pushed me towards the door.

After the partings were finished, I made my way down the front stairs to where Jasmine and Arthur had been waiting.

I waved them one last goodbye, gesturing to my Ellie, who was waving both her hands as she bit her lips to keep from crying, to cheer up.

"Let's go, Jasmine," I declared while putting on the mask and using sound magic on my self to make my voice deeper and erases the voice cracks iv been starting to get.

She replied with a terse nod as we began heading downtown to the Adventurer's Guild Hall.

______________________________________

The Guild Hall was exactly as depicted in the comic prestigious and clean There were tables made from metal where I could see other adventurers giving us a passing glance. but we paid them no mind and walked up to the reception desk.