Ch 117 New leads

Alexander Bladeheart pov:

"Dammit, I fucked it up again." I blurted out as I looked down at the small journal in my hand. its pages covered in my name, most of them crossed out lazily or scribbled out because I wrote my old last name.

"You know I was perfectly fine taking your name instead right?" a trace of longing and curiosity in my wife's tone.

Fuck just thinking of her being my wife makes me all flustered, I groaned out mentally happy at the thought that we're actually family now.

"Well custom is the commoner takes the noble's name, that aside I more or less embody the values of a bladehear right?" I asked, leaning back on a massive horn.

"There's no doubt about loyalty, resoluteness, and courage, after all, you're the most loyal, stubborn, and brave idiot I know." Claire's hand cupped my cheek as she spoke making me feel all warm inside, God damn if I could marry her again I would.

"But you do not even come close to embodying Humility, not one bit." she flicked me in the forehead between my eyes, my head swung back smacking into the horn I was leaning on.

"First off, Ow! Secondly, I think I'm pretty humble, I am just a young guy with the most beautiful wife in the world, and fighting in this war to protect his family." I smiled watching her blush madly at my words as I spoke nonchalantly, after all, It is the fucking truth.

"I love you too Al~ but do you remember what you did to Ravenpor and the other nobles?" The memory nearly made me bust out laughing about that one time Elijah threw him through a wall.

"You got me there." I sighed aloud before writing my name once again in the journal.

"I can feel your emotions but I still don't see how your name being the same makes you this happy, dad." Zephyr rolled his eyes mentally at me.

"Hmmm... it's hard to explain it, But I'm sure you'll understand when you are in our situation in the future Zeph." Claire patted his draconic head that we are sitting on. Arthur would have to ride on Sylvie's back but Me and Claire could easily ride comfortably on Zeph's head due to his size.

"Remind me, why are you guys riding on my head and not using a teleportation gate?" Zephyr questioned. grabbing one of his horns I pulled myself up to stand as I looked at their size, I had a pretty big body thanks to me growing a lot after I woke up from my coma as a chimera. Even if I used both of my hands they still wouldn't wrap all the way around.

"figured I could train a bit on the way to where those alacryan's said they had a camp on the northeast coast between the glades and Elenoir." I shrugged as I sat in the lotus position.

One of Cadell's horn's appeared in my hand and after a minute or so of concentration I began meditating with the horn, I felt the mana it contained slowly purifying my mana core.

Another thing I noticed is that after gaining better control of stasis the blue shell around my core had become denser, more powerful in how it protected and reinforced my mana core. The blessing also felt much stronger, like it was hungering to be cultivated no- rather waiting for something to bloom.

Pushing those thoughts aside I kept purifying my core. My old method of overflowing my core and then pushing the impurities out with the pressure of mana had long since grown ineffective so I was left with the normal method of purifying my mana core.

Soon after I could sense Claire meditating using cyrilt's horn, there seemed to be less mana in it so she'd been meditating with it a good bit, not that it really matters anymore that she's at the white stage. Although thanks to Boreas's sister, Brigid I think her name was? she didn't need to use an artifact so she still could grow stronger faster than a lance could.