Ch 73 The Lernaean Forest

"Heheheh- I've done it. I'VE FUCKING DONE IT HAHAHAHAHA!" I roared looking down at the pile of 10 Raptor squirrels, the very same ones Arthur used to recreate Mirage walk.

Finetuning Mirage walk to be perfect compared to the pale imitation I was using before was a bitch and a half and took a week but I got it done as well as loosened up my body from the soul realm training.

Virgil had dropped me into the Lernaean forest a week ago and gave me two instructions, Find and kill the Monstrous mana beast in the forest. And the second rule was no attack spells other than what The Storm blade-style used.

I was able to find the general area of the mana beast in question which was the lake in the center of the forest, It was way too easy to find because Its aura was fucking massive, Virgil hadn't told me what it was but that its aura was comparable to five or six of the Elderwood guardian's.

This shit was not going to be a fun fight at fucking all I can already tell, I was about a 5 kilometer's away but I could still sense a bit of its malice. Partly due to my senses sharpening to be higher than a Raptor squirrel which according to Virgil shouldn't be possible, but they are so that's great.

Raptor squirrels weren't too filling so I have been using them to get what I needed for now in terms of the meager amount protein they had, the rest of my food being the vegetation I was able to avoid dying of poison's from my poison mana making me immune to it but my rear end didn't fare too well from the aftermath, As well as my nose.

Cleaning off my swords and sheathing them I headed out into the forest. jumping between trees and over rocks, I sped through the forest at breakneck speed, my movements had become so fluid I was like a cloud simply floating through the dense woods of this area.

Sensing a slight fluctuation of mana my hand blurred with my sword in hand before instantly returning in one fluid motion; looking closer I saw the Silver Panther's head hit the ground with no expression on its face at all, merely a neutral unknowing gaze.

Dam, If only I saw this thing sooner I would have eaten you. well better get moving.

-----------------------

It took me 15 ish minutes give or take a few minutes to arrive at the lake. I stepped out of the shadows I was met with a jaw-dropping sight, A massive clear lake shimmering hue's of turquoise and emerald green reflected the light with its gentle waves bathing me and the surrounding forest around the lake in wisps of rainbows before they shifted away only top be replaced by other waves of brilliant colors.

I was tempted to throw my clothes off and bathe in the lake.

Suddenly I massive killing intent washed over me, crushing me down to the pit of my stomach emitting a pressure comparable to Arthur using Stage three to kill Bairon, The waves shifted from their brilliant hues of tropical sunshine to a deep black that shimmered a sickly green.

The water receded in the middle before rising up in one titanic wave. As the water rushed off the mass in the middle it bubbled into a green haze, Several massive serpents rose up from the sickly depths.

Its scales were grey as the storm clouds of winter, the light reflected off the scales as if it was a fish radiating a different color entirely, its scales matched the serpent's eyes shining that all too familiar sickly green shimmer.

My nose and lungs burned as I coughed up a small puddle of blood on the small beach, looking closer at my hands covered in boils and blisters as I looked from my blood-stained eyes upon the seven serpents rising out of the black waters and saw their bodies converge onto one main body resembling a wingless dragon.

A smile rose on my face as my hair hanging in my vision shifted to a snow-white and my fingers turned into segments of claws at each joint, I erupted in a sickly mixture of green hues and Black fire as my wounds fizzled off my body; Slamming my clawed fist into the ground I pushed myself up laughing softly.