Ch 62 Meeting Inturupted

A/N i wrote this on my phone apologies for grammar ahead of time, please point out any spelling errors and ill corect them

Alexander shard Pov:

"Ughh im drained!" I slumped onto the ground next to Claire. After she absorbed the beast will i gave her I had Arthur act as a mana battery and give Claire mana while i spread it out evenly with my vastly better mana control than the others had.

Arthur seemed to both love and hate the fact I taught him to make Mana Beads, because I had used 7 of the 14 he had been making after he was able to have them be stable enough not to explode from a slight impact.

The reason I had been using his is because for assimilation you need either you own mana that you stored or pure mana which you could get from beast cores or mana transference, which only Quadra-elemental's could do.

Her assimilation was moving at a break neck speed from the mana control Me, and claire could uses to even the spread of mana, and being able to do multiple days worth of work in a after noon with Arthur's help and how mana dense our training room was.

Id reckon she'd be done in the next 2 or three weeks at this pace, her beast will was powerful but not nearly as much mine or Arthurs so she would take only a fraction of the three years we took our sweet time doing.

KATHYLN GLAYDER'S POV:

Claire Bladeheart, our leader, pulled each of us aside a few days ago. While explaining the cause.

Claire had been secretly gathering information with Alexander, who was oddly specialized in stealth. From what she'd explained, it seemed that there was a radical group dissatisfied with the direction the academy was heading toward recently.

This group was made up of only humans, and from the manny faces that Alexander was able to catch a glimpse of, they were all from rather high-up noble families.

One particular noble that had been spotted was named Charles Ravenpor. His father was on rather close terms with mine, but strictly for business. Father would always grumble in dissatisfaction after having a meeting with Mr. Ravenpor because of how ill-mannered and self-centered he was.

Claire was also relieved that Arthur wasn't here at the moment because he was supposedly one of the main reasons this radical cult-like group had started. There was a big faction from this group that thought Arthur did not belong in this academy because of his "humble" background. The fact that he was a professor on top of having the privilege of taking upper division classes fueled the already built-in hatred that some of the envious royal students had.

Alexander used his magic to stay invisible almost constantly so they didn't know that he was alive or that he was even at Xyrus, this made his job easier although the class hated him just as much.

We weren't allowed to confront them as of yet because of the lack of evidence, and the fact that they hadn't really done anything bad yet, but from the looks of it, there were even some professors of this academy supporting them, making it all the more difficult to rashly make a move. Alexander had stated multiple times that if they attack a student he would immediately knock them out, and if they attacked one of us he would shatter their mana core without a second thought.

It wasn't until a few days ago, though, that some of the radical group members started to act. Denton, one of my classmates that shared the same period in Arth-Professor Leywin's class, was the victim. He had actually been one of the students that strongly opposed Professor Leywin teaching a class that was so important in building foundations as this. However, he'd warmed up to him-rather, he looked up to him now.

Hopping up on a storage crate to clear the fence, I looked down at the isolated building of the disciplinary committee. Looking behind, I could see the tip of the statue where Denton had just been found three days ago, battered and naked while hung upside down, for all of the passing students to see, a note covering his privates instructing him to drop out of the 'plebeian's class' if he didn't want this to happen again.

It turned out that he had been taken to one of the narrow alleys between the back buildings and beaten up by the radical group. From what Claire told me, they wanted to "teach" him how to properly use mana, since they didn't really think Arthur was be good enough to nurture the "potential" that he had. Denton ended up becoming a target dummy for various spells when he resisted.

Alexander had found the radical students and hospitalized 5 of them when they attempted to fight back, the 6th one had dropped out of Xyrus for mental health reasons after the incident.

Director Goodsky was still away so her assistant, Tricia, and Professor Glory had ended up pulling him down and making sure he was okay.

Since then, having no choice but to act on behalf of Director Goodsky, Tricia had been trying to quell the anger from various elven and dwarven parents who thought this had to do with racial discrimination since the victim was an elf.

Needless to say, Denton was taking a break from school for the time being.

Why was this happening? What was the point of doing this? What good did dividing students like this do? Did these students have such low self-esteem that they needed to bring down anyone they thought was better than them to feel better about themselves? Why was it that the more power and privileges someone had, the more greedy they became?

Was it naive of me to wish for everyone to just work together for our continent?

Alexander tried to find out their meeting spots but as soon as he had a lead, he was forced to break off a fight before a student got hurt and when he returned they were gone.

"Things are escalating faster than we thought. I had a feeling that this would be the case-the group is trying to create as much of an uproar before Director Goodsky gets back and then go into hiding temporarily after," Claire announced while leaning forward with her arms on the table.

"I talked to multiple professors about the situation like you asked, but it seems you were right. None of them were willing to actively help in finding the crux of the problem. They're turning a blind eye to all of this because of our 'lack of evidence,'" my brother reported through gritted teeth, running his fingers through his hair.

"We already know who one of the members of the groups are so why not just take that rat out and interrogate him? I doubt he has the balls to last even a couple of minutes before spilling out some secrets," grunted Doradrea while leaning back in her chair.

"The only way I know to get info out of someone is torture and Claire doesn't approve of that so no dice on my end, I can grab him though," Alexander sighed.

"Fine, Al kidnap ravenpour and let Theodore interrogate him."

"Finally!" Alexander said before vanishing into thin air, We know its sound magic but I never get used to it because he just vanishes completely mana signature and all.

Just as the door opened for the invisible Alexander a series of thunderous explosions that shook even the reinforced walls of this room.

"Claire, Stay here I'll go!" Alexander's voice boomed as we all ran out with him, Why was he concerned for Claire? normally he would ask her to come with him in a heartbeat.