Ch 61 Will Awakened

Alexander Shard Pov:

A Bit after Cynthia had gotten over her shock over me killing a retainer she managed to gather her thoughts, Arthur had also shown up and landed on the roof as well. I put a sound barrier over Claire so she could sleep while we talked.

"how is Tess doing?" Art inquired.

Goodsky's face wrinkled a bit as she displayed obvious hesitation.

"Tess... Tess is okay," she replied. I could tell she chose her words carefully.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Art raised a brow.

"There were some... complications... in the final stages of her assimilation. Virion is currently looking after her but she has yet to awaken." Her voice was quiet as she spoke.

"Complications?" Art's voice came out a bit fiercer than he likely intended it to be.

"You need to understand that the final leg of assimilation is when the Beast Will struggles the hardest. Right now, Tessia and the elderwood guardian are fighting for control. Thus far, there has never been a case where the receiver of the will falls into a coma to this extent. Based on our theory, there seems to be something particular about the Beast Will you gave her, Arthur," replied Goodsky earnestly.

"She probably can't handle the Vritra's mana arts that it contains," I said flatly.

"IT HAS WHAT!?" Goodsky said completely shocked which is the normal reaction.

"I guess I can tell you because your curse merely stops you from revealing information, Me, Tess, and Elijah can all use some form of Vritra mana arts."

"well, this is... a development."

"Yes and frankly we don't have more time, Watch Claire for me and tell her I'm in the training room helping Arthur with his princess."

"Arthur Lets go help her out, Also you have her elixir we got right?" I asked gently handing Claire to Cynthia.

"Alright I'll tell her when she wakes, Virion is currently looking after her in your training room." Director Goodsky gave us a reassuring smile.

__________________________________________________

As we made our way down by riding the elevator, Zeph stirred from his sleep.

'Her mana is nearly going rampant, I'd hurry if I was you.'

With a nod, I and Arthur Sprinted into the room.

"Ouch." The skin under my dimension ring suddenly burned as if something inside it wanted to come out, I froze my hand over with ice to stop the elixirs for the rest of us from coming out.

As soon as the door swung open, an unfamiliar sinister aura visibly surged forward in an attempt to trap me. This dark fog felt like thousands of thorny vines as it coiled around my arms and legs.

"WHO'S TH... ARTHUR? ALEXANDER?" Amidst the noticeably dark wave emanating from a particular focal point filled with soulfire mana, I heard Grandpa Virion's husky voice boom.

"Yeah, it's us, Gramps! What's going on?" Art yelled past the sound of what reminded me of the crashing of an ocean's waves against a cliff.

"God, am I glad you're still alive, brats. I think I'm becoming somewhat thankful for your cockroach-like tenacity, HAHA! Come over here, I need your help!"

Willing mana to shield both Zeph and I, I made my way towards the source of the aura using Grandpa Virion's hazy figure as a guide; each step felt like I was pushing against a reinforced wall.