Chapter 122 Rebirth

Alexander Bladeheart pov

I clenched my teeth, suppressing the agony I felt as my body ripped itself apart and reformed around my bones, My Asuran Armour melding with the scales growing from my shredded flesh, shrouding me in black and white scales with armour plates covering my limbs.

Spines grew from my elbows, horns from my head, bones snapped and grew back longer, muscles tore and melted reforming to be stronger, larger, more monstrous. This didn't feel like when I fought Cadell.

Frustration, anxiety, doubt, and fear—all of those emotions faded as a shroud of crimson lightning crackled around me. I let myself sink deeper into the cold embrace of my Will's. The feeling reminded me of when I met Boreas. He had that lofty, detached air around him as if he wasn't a part of the universe, but above it. I know why.

Stasis surged through me, weaving its celestial energy into my body, I could see the runes spreading connecting with each other around my body. I felt calloused, numb as the power from Bahamut's will flowed freely. It was an intoxicating feeling.

I didn't feel human, I felt like a demi-god. I felt the concern from my bond leak into me but brushed his concerns away. There's no way to win unless we use everything. Brandishing my blades, a smile that didn't reach my ears rose on my face.

I rocketed down like a comet slashing with all my strength, splintering the ground; my blades stopped mere inches from his throat, blocked by a wall of blackened spikes.

His eyes widened in shock, his pale skin turned a shade lighter, I pushed harder into his defence, the spikes snapped one after the other with each heartbeat.

"What's the matter, Vritra... Scared of a lesser? Oh, how your clan has fallen~." I ridiculed the Vritra, pushing him to his knees under the weight of my body. In my shadow, he was but a frightened Cornsnake.

"Lesser Scum!" he roared, a nova of decay mana black as space burst from him, erasing the fractured ground beneath us; I held steadfast, unmoving in the attack as Aether clung to my skin like a haze while stasis ate away at his spell, replenishing my mana core with his mana.

I yanked my blades back to sever his head but felt nothing as he wisped away into the shadows. My body screamed at me to move, and I did, as I Thunder Stepped backwards, moving before my body's reflexes caught up with its instincts.

The mana moved before the attack came, a swarm of ashen tentacles burst from the earth around me, intertwining into a net before bearing down on me. But I was ready.

"Aegis Auroras," the words fell from my mouth with a smile, Aether and Stasis solidified around my scales like a second skin. I stood tall staring down the Vritra dead in the eyes as he watched his spell be devoured by my own.

"You said try harder, correct? The Stonemason is going to have a laugh carving your tombstone," I mocked, an aetheric tone echoing my words. Veins bulged on his forehead in a clear frustration and rage.

An inferno of soulfire enveloped my body in onyx flames. I felt thousands of metal spikes in the wind hurtling towards me.

With a thought, torrents of white fire flooded out of my skin tinged in the pearlescent hue of Stasis. Frostfire extinguished his fire, shattering the spikes in the path before I launched them back at the false god.

His body disappeared like Thanatos had, shrapnel passed through the mist harmlessly, a blackened cloud surrounded me, I watched as his body shifted almost too fast to track in the haze, Almost too fast.

Tightening my grip on my swords, I strengthened my body till my bones creaked at the force. The way I saw the clump of mana he was in this haze, the speed at which I observed him, appearing slow as Aether and Stasis infused thunder surged through me.