Ch 28 The Beast glades

Sylvie and zephyr let out an excited chirp at the idea of exploring a dungeon but I remained silent, staring at Tempestarii and how it glowed with whatever element I infused into it.

Today's battle with Kaspian confirmed a few things for me, first is that Tempestarii conducted and elements extremely well and sort of acted like a wand, second is that sword skills are lacking, the Tempestarii and Balmung are too damm sharp and strong that using mana to blunt them doesn't work 90% of the time.

deep in thought about new potential spells, I saw someone bump into Arthur. It was the blond piece of subhuman trash called Lucas strutting past me with his entourage of guards and servants.

"You're not bad for an augmenter, but that's all you are. Don't get cocky because we happen to be in the same class. Even in the same ranks, there are levels, and you would be at the bottom. Know your place, commoner!" Lucas spat venomously. The blond boy let out a smirk while intentionally leaning his head back so he could look down on Arthur.

Arthur and I glanced at each other and then held up our silver adventure cards signifying that we are A-rank.

he was silent for a second before spouting out that we are cheated and such before starting a commotion trying to get the guild members to harass us, The hall was filled with shouts saying we must be dwarfs or midgets.

The Hall suddenly turned dead silent and some people grabbed their throats as their voices didn't make a peep no matter how hard they tried.

"Note, how about we give them a demonstration?"

"It would be my pleasure Felwinter."

I made a small windshield around jasmine and Arthur and blasted the hall with a chilling wind just enough to send a shiver up their spines, combined with increasing the air pressure.

We both let our pressure flood the hall, especially on Lucas. I could see the tears on Lucas's face and if not for the sound spell his screams calling me a monster would be music to my ears, I dropped an ice cage around him that would keep him there for a while, he could melt his way out in around half an hour at the soonest.

Not bothering to waste any more mana I dispelled my magic ice wind and air pressure, we faced back to Jasmine and Arthur. "Let's go to the portal."

________________________________________

Crossing through the teleportation gate, my senses jolted from the scenery. The City of Xyrus had the most teleportation gates among the cities since they were the only way one could enter it, it being a floating city and all. The one we crossed led us directly to the front entrance of the area known as the Beast Glades.

I took a breath of the crisp air as Jasmine and Arthur arrived behind me through the teleportation gate when, suddenly, Sylvie jumped off Arthur along with zephyr hopped off our heads, and scurried off.

"Wait, Sylv! Where are you going?" Art called out.

"let her go and hunt Arthur, Zeph is with her and we can talk to them whenever."

"they'll be okay. Mana beasts have a natural instinct to grow stronger. they must've felt very suffocated being in a sheltered environment all of their life," Jasmine explained, walking next to me.

Putting her hand on my shoulder, she signaled for us to start moving. "There's a place I wish to visit first before going to a dungeon. We have to hurry though; it gets a little more dangerous at night."

Willing mana into her body, Jasmine bolted off into the distance, her wind attribute mana propelling her even faster.

I followed after her, forming two gales of wind below my feet as I dashed after her. I made sure to keep tabs on Zeph but it wasn't much of a problem since both he and I were mentally linked. Even as the distance grew between us, the connection remained strong, and I was able to sense that Zeph was catching small prey, his ecstatic mood affecting me as well, As well as the shared joy of winning fights.