Ch 42 A Reputation To Uphold

The incoming students of all three races that were cheering for each of the Student Council members fell silent when Tess walked in. With her gunmetal silver hair swaying behind her as each of her dignified steps echoed throughout the silent auditorium, she single-handedly changed the atmosphere inside this entire building.

As she bowed and tucked her hair behind her ear, a roar of applause erupted as both males and females alike cheered with admiration. I thought the cheers would last a lot longer but as soon as Tess started speaking, it was as if each of the students in the crowd covered each others' mouths so that they could hear her voice.

"My name is Tessia Eralith, and I am honored to stand here as this academy's student council president."

Murmurs started after the crowd once again cheered for our beautiful president. Next to me, a scrawny human boy spoke excitedly to his friend beside him.

"That's the Princess Eralith I was talking about. My older brother told me she's been on campus since last year as a direct disciple under the Director and will start formally attending this year with us!" He leaned into his friend so only he could hear but the volume at which he spoke betrayed him.

"Th-That means she was the first non-human to set foot on this campus. Wait... she's only a first-year and she's already the Student Council President? Is that even possible?" His friend, whom I couldn't really see, spoke louder and louder with each word, causing the neighboring students to hear as well.

"Yeah, I heard of her as well! She's supposedly a super-genius of some sort, right?"

"Why the hell is she so damn pretty when she's talented as well? This isn't even fair..."

"I wonder what I would have to do to get her to even look at me?"

suddenly the entire audience forcibly and their hair stood on end as a very real chill griped them along with an oppressive bloodlust. Arthur and Elijah looked at me with a mix of disappointment and approval.

"Kyuu~" Silvie chirped happily to the point Arthur had to hold her still.

"Wraaa~!" 'Dad it's mama!' Zeph roared in a tiny high-pitched voice of his when he made himself small enough to fit on my shoulder comfortably.

'Mama!?' I couldn't help but sigh in defeat at her excitement. Tess became pretty close to Zeph and Sylvie a bit after they hatched so I could see why he was so fond of her... but 'Mama? even I dint get papa'.

"Woah..." Elijah, who I had stopped paying attention to, firmly gripped my arm with both of his hands as if he needed me to support him from fainting.

"Woah," he repeated. For how smart he looked, he sure acted like an idiot at times like these.

"You okay there, Elijah?" I lightly nudged his head but it just bounced like a bobblehead toy.

"Wait isn't that the Tess you like Arthur?"

"yes, she's the one and only princess of the elves" Arthur confirmed having a daydreaming look in his eye.

How far did they get in their relationship already? or is Arthur just realizing he loves her now?

Arthur not wanting to deal with Elijah threw Sylvie at him, she promptly locked her jaw on the top of Elijah's head, causing him to start screaming more from surprise than pain.

"Oh, sorry..." With Sylvie still dangling on the crown of his head, Elijah let go of my arm and started focusing on the stage below again.

As the crowd settled down enough for Tess to start speaking again, Director Goodsky silently disappeared.